WORD 2007 AVERY 5XXX, 8XXX SERIES LABELS


G

Guest

The pulldown listing of Avery labels for PAGE PRINTERS is missing all the
Avery 5XXX, 8XXX labels, i.e., the very commonly used 5160, 8160, 5161, 8161
that WERE included in my prior Word 2000. Anyone know why they are not there?
I have several boxes of these labels just recently purchased to address my
Easter cards and I could not.
 
Ad

Advertisements

J

JoAnn Paules

They are there - I just checked. I don't understand the "Page Printers"
comment but all of the Avery labels are there in the Label options in
"Envelopes and Labels".

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
 
G

Guest

JoAnn,

Please give me the step by step procedure you used to find Avery labels
8160 and 8161.

When I select MAILINGS then LABELS then Avery A4/A5 (never heard Avery A4/A5
before and not part of their labeling on their packages), I still do not have
8160 or 8161.

Also, the dimensions on Word 2007 are incorrect.
5160 Word 2007 says dimensions are 0.9" x 2"x5" when the actual dimensions
of this Avery label, off the box and also measured are 1"x 2 5/8".
5161 Word 2007 says 1.4" x 2.9".
The actual box says 1 x 4".
That's why when I tried printing the labels, the printing was way off and
ruined the sheets of labels.
HELP
 
S

Suzanne S. Barnhill

If your measurements are in inches, then Avery A4/A5 is not what you want;
those are European (metric) sizes. You want "Avery standard."

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

Tom H said:
JoAnn,

Please give me the step by step procedure you used to find Avery labels
8160 and 8161.

When I select MAILINGS then LABELS then Avery A4/A5 (never heard Avery A4/A5
before and not part of their labeling on their packages), I still do not have
8160 or 8161.

Also, the dimensions on Word 2007 are incorrect.
5160 Word 2007 says dimensions are 0.9" x 2"x5" when the actual dimensions
of this Avery label, off the box and also measured are 1"x 2 5/8".
5161 Word 2007 says 1.4" x 2.9".
The actual box says 1 x 4".
That's why when I tried printing the labels, the printing was way off and
ruined the sheets of labels.
HELP
 
J

Jay Freedman

Suzanne, in Word 2007 the wording of the dropdown choice has changed
to "Avery US Letter".

And yes, the 8160 and 8161 styles are both in that list.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
newsgroup so all may benefit.
 
S

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Fair enough, though many of the labels listed under "Avery standard" are not
on Letter-sized sheets (many are mini-sheets, for example).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.
 
Ad

Advertisements

G

Guest

Suzanne:
You said I want "Avery Standard" and not Avery A4/A5. Please advise how I
find "Avery Standard".
Thanks.
 
G

Guest

Jay, I did find them after selecting PAGE PRINTERS.

What is really strange is that MSFT never put the Avery choices in numeric
sequence or is there a way to change the listing so it is in numeric sequence?

That's probably why I completely missed the 8xxx and 5xxx Avery series
because they are a long way down the list.
 
D

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

In the Label Options dialog where you see the "Page printers" radio button
under the Printer information section of the dialog, there is a section
beneath that with the heading of Label information that contains a Label
vendors combo box. If you click on the down arrow to reveal the list of
vendors, you will find what you are looking for.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Tom H said:
Suzanne:
You said I want "Avery Standard" and not Avery A4/A5. Please advise how I
find "Avery Standard".
Thanks.
 
S

Suzanne S. Barnhill

My impression has always been that they were sort of in chronological order,
which also means that the most-used formats tend to sort to the top, being
the ones that were first introduced, with later refinements (such as Ready
Index and Meeting Creator) toward the bottom.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

Tom H said:
Jay, I did find them after selecting PAGE PRINTERS.

What is really strange is that MSFT never put the Avery choices in numeric
sequence or is there a way to change the listing so it is in numeric sequence?

That's probably why I completely missed the 8xxx and 5xxx Avery series
because they are a long way down the list.
 
Ad

Advertisements

B

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Tom,

It's in a 'sort of' numeric order (i.e. everything starting with '1' comes before items starting with a '2', but the length of the
number is ignored by Word when sorting. :(

============
Jay, I did find them after selecting PAGE PRINTERS.

What is really strange is that MSFT never put the Avery choices in numeric
sequence or is there a way to change the listing so it is in numeric sequence?

That's probably why I completely missed the 8xxx and 5xxx Avery series
because they are a long way down the list.
--
Tom H >>
--

Bob Buckland ?:)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*
 
Ad

Advertisements


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top