Word 2003 NORMAL Template

G

Somehow the default template is not showing the page header settings correctly. When I select new document, the first line of text is at the top of the sheet. There appears to be no top margin of the sheet in when in the print view format, or any of the formats for that matter. However, when select to view the header/footer, then all is well.

How do I make the header/footer show up by default without turning it on all the time. It doesn't appear to matter what user is logged in, they all show up without the header area visible in the standard print view as selected on the view menu. I've tried creating/saving a new template document, however that doesn't help either

I've also moved the NORMAL template files out of the referenced file location, then opened WORD and the same format returns, no visible header. Also it automatically creates a new NORMAL template file in place of the old one

I did manage to find a file named WINWORD that allows the correct setting to work, until I removed the tempate files from their stock location

J

Jay Freedman

Hi Dana

Go to Tools > Options > View and check the box for "White space between
pages".

Ask a Question