Word 2000 Does Not Print Words!!!!!!!

Am having real difficulty printing from Word 2000 (and creating a PDF in
Adobe Acrobat)
Downloaded a Sales Invoice from Microsoft
Templates:(http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/templates/TC011294551033.aspx?CategoryID=CT011389891033 ).

All looks right in Page Set Up and Print Preview etc. then when the doc is
saved as PDF or printed the words at top and bottom of page are missing
entirely!
Great... really useful!!
(And yes, I've downloaded all the updates and patches etc for Office 2000.)

Have others met this and how can one get round this.

Suzanne S. Barnhill

If these words are in text boxes, you need to have "Drawing objects" checked
on the Print tab of Tools | Options. But if it looks right in Print Preview,
then presumably you do.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.

TrueBrit said:
Am having real difficulty printing from Word 2000 (and creating a PDF in
Adobe Acrobat)
Downloaded a Sales Invoice from Microsoft
Templates:(http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/templates/TC011294551033.aspx?C
ategoryID=CT011389891033 ).

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi True,

I'm assuming that you are using an A4 page size for this?
If so, check to see if changing the setting in
Tools=>Options=>general to allow automatic A4/Letter resizing
makes a difference.

You may also want to check the margin settings of the document
vs those needed for your printer. This template doesn't use
a header or footer area. It's basically a large Word table with
the 'Thank you...' paragraph at the bottom of the page being set
with a large 'space before' setting in Format=>Paragraph. If
the Thank you is too near the bottom of the page you may want to
try reducing the amount of 'space before' to move it up a bit.

======
Am having real difficulty printing from Word 2000 (and creating a PDF in
Adobe Acrobat)
Downloaded a Sales Invoice from Microsoft
Templates:(http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/templates/TC011294551033.aspx?CategoryID=CT011389891033 ).

All looks right in Page Set Up and Print Preview etc. then when the doc is
saved as PDF or printed the words at top and bottom of page are missing
entirely!
Great... really useful!!
(And yes, I've downloaded all the updates and patches etc for Office 2000.)

Have others met this and how can one get round this.
--
Many Thanks
TrueBrit>>

Bob Buckland ?:)
MS Office System Products MVP

Pricing and Packages for '2007 Microsoft Office System'
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi True,

Small correction. The line with the 'space before' at the bottom of the page is the one that starts with "Make all checks
payable..."

==========
<<"Bob Buckland ?:)" <75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com> wrote in message
[...]

Hi Bob
Tried all that but no change?
Even the word "INVOICE" at top right will not print or save. It worries me
that I'm having this problem in Adobe Acrobat as well as trying to print the
doc?

Are you able to print these fields and are you using Word 2000?
And is there a general "restore defaults" check I can apply to Word? If so
where is it?

Elbee

Hi TrueBrit

Which version of Word and which version of Acrobat are you using? I rendered
the template you mentioned into pdf without problems using Acrobat 5 and
Distiller. There are difficulties running AA5 with Word 2003, or AA7 with
Word 2000. This may be one of the reasons you are having trouble. Also, are
you using Distiller or PDFMaker? That may also be a reason. Another issue
can be the default printer settings.

Elbee