Won't boot into WinXP

J

Jon Danniken

My other drive with WinXP loaded on it has decided that it won't boot into Windows XP.
It goes through BIOS okay, but then hangs with a blinking cursor in the top-righthand
corner of the monitor.

I booted with the WinXP CDRom, and entered the Recovery Console without a problem. It
appears that the entire directory stucture is fine.

I tried using "fixboot" and "fixmbr", but neither one has any effect; I am still left
with the blinking cursor.

Before I go ahead and reinstall WindowsXP, I would appreciate any suggestions towards
a less drastic procedure.

Thanks,

Jon

J

Jon Danniken

Jon Danniken said:
My other drive with WinXP loaded on it has decided that it won't boot into Windows XP.
It goes through BIOS okay, but then hangs with a blinking cursor in the top-righthand
corner of the monitor.

I booted with the WinXP CDRom, and entered the Recovery Console without a problem. It
appears that the entire directory stucture is fine.

I tried using "fixboot" and "fixmbr", but neither one has any effect; I am still left
with the blinking cursor.

It turned out that my other HDD overwrote the OS, and it did require a reinstallation.

Jon

Ask a Question