WMP 11 Toolbar

WMP Toolbar is not showing, and when i right click taskbar and go to toolbars
it is already enabled, i am running vista ultimate. How do i fix this? Now
don't give me a bull crap answer that will mislead me because i have had this
issue for over a few weeks and i have tried numerous simple things, so try to
give me a different route to solve this problem. So far i have not seen
anyone able to fix this issue....

Hey clown, I am answering your post so that you piss off and don't come back
here.
People come here to help others for free.

Open WMP, click your cursor on Library, burn, etc.
you will SEE an arrow at the bottom of each one.

Click on them clown, and you have ALL your old options.

Goodbye, and good riddance!

wtf? how does that fix my issue? it did nothing... apparently you don't know
what the toolbar is? its the lil mini player that goes on the taskbar when
you minimize your player. Also when i go to options all it shows is Burn
options there is no other tabs. Why does microsoft not let u reinstall this
piece of crap, i love wmp 11 but i hate it in vista.

Rick Raisley

Topgu said:
WMP Toolbar is not showing, and when i right click taskbar and go to toolbars
it is already enabled, i am running vista ultimate. How do i fix this? Now
don't give me a bull crap answer that will mislead me because i have had this
issue for over a few weeks and i have tried numerous simple things, so try to
give me a different route to solve this problem. So far i have not seen
anyone able to fix this issue....

Are you aware that the "mini Media Player" only shows up when WMP is
minimized? I wasn't, and wondered what I was missing. But when you minimize
WMP, the mini player shows up.

Hope you don't consider this a bull crap answer; it wasn't intended as such.
;-)

Yes i am aware that it is only showed when it is minimized and thats exactly
whats wrong, it does not show when i minimize.... thanks for your input as
your intent was good but still my problem remains unsolved.

zachd [MSFT]

What happened before this installed? Are you logged in as "Administrator"?
Is LUA on? Did the shell crash at some point? Is this 64bit or 32bit
Vista? Assuming it's turned on (it is) and WMP was minimized (it was), that
indicates that there's some cross-process communication problem.
Potentially something else can interfere here, so if something was installed
and then this broke, that would be very suspect. Did this ever work?

Nobody knows what you tried, so we may be going over old ground. For that I
apologize. =)

i am using 32 bit vista ultimate, and it came installed, i never had to
install it. it hasnt crashed that i remember, what is LUA? and yes it used to
work, also the wmp plugin for IE doesnt work, like if something uses wmp on a
page like its embeded, it does not work for me either, and also when i go to
options all it shows is burn options and no others..... this has become
extremely annoying please i have been searching for a solution for weeks
now....

zachd [MSFT]

That's great additional data, thanks. What's the value for--
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6}\InprocServer32on this system?What other TV, MPEG, DVD, and multimedia players/editors are on the systemnow? My first suspicion is that one of them stomped on WMP settings.Given what you're saying so far, it sounds fairly certain that WMP.dll isbusted. Identifying the cause for that would be of high interest to me, andit should be fairly straight-forward to fix you up if we can identify theprecise problem.-Zach--Speaking for myself only.See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.--"Topgun" <[email protected]> wrote in messagenews:D[email protected]...>i am using 32 bit vista ultimate, and it came installed, i never had to> install it. it hasnt crashed that i remember, what is LUA? and yes it usedto> work, also the wmp plugin for IE doesnt work, like if something uses wmpon a> page like its embeded, it does not work for me either, and also when i goto> options all it shows is burn options and no others..... this has become> extremely annoying please i have been searching for a solution for weeks> now....>> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:>>>>> What happened before this installed? Are you logged in as"Administrator"?>> Is LUA on? Did the shell crash at some point? Is this 64bit or 32bit>> Vista? Assuming it's turned on (it is) and WMP was minimized (it was),that>> indicates that there's some cross-process communication problem.>> Potentially something else can interfere here, so if something wasinstalled>> and then this broke, that would be very suspect. Did this ever work?>>>> Nobody knows what you tried, so we may be going over old ground. Forthat I>> apologize. =)>>>> -->> Speaking for myself only.>> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers norights.>> -->> "Topgu" <[email protected]> wrote in message>> > WMP Toolbar is not showing, and when i right click taskbar and go to>> > toolbars>> > it is already enabled, i am running vista ultimate. How do i fix this?Now>> > don't give me a bull crap answer that will mislead me because i havehad>> > this>> > issue for over a few weeks and i have tried numerous simple things, sotry>> > to>> > give me a different route to solve this problem. So far i have not seen>> > anyone able to fix this issue....>>>>>>

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6}\InprocServer32on
does not exist on my system. Unless its hidden for some reason in regedit....

zachd said:
[...]

What did you install or uninstall before this happened? Please please
please let me know - I really need to know who's breaking WMP here. =\

If you open cmd.exe using Run as Administrator and then run:
regsvr32 wmp.dll
, you should be fixed again. That *will* break progressive download in IE,
though. If you reset --
http://zachd.com/pss/VistaAssocFix.reg
, that will then fix progressive download. =\

--
Speaking for myself only.

zachd said:
That's great additional data, thanks. What's the value for--

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6}\InprocServer32on
this system?What other TV, MPEG, DVD, and multimedia players/editors are
on the systemnow? My first suspicion is that one of them stomped on WMP
settings.Given what you're saying so far, it sounds fairly certain that
WMP.dll isbusted. Identifying the cause for that would be of high
interest to me, andit should be fairly straight-forward to fix you up if
we can identify theprecise problem.-Zach--Speaking for myself only.See
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.This posting is
provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.--"Topgun"
messageam
using 32 bit vista ultimate, and it came installed, i never had to>
install it. it hasnt crashed that i remember, what is LUA? and yes it
usedto> work, also the wmp plugin for IE doesnt work, like if something
uses wmpon a>
page like its embeded, it does not work for me either, and also when i
goto> options all it shows is burn options and no others..... this has
become> extremely annoying please i have been searching for a solution for
weeks> now....>> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:>>>>> What happened before this
installed? Are you logged in as"Administrator"?>> Is LUA on? Did the
shell crash at some point? Is this 64bit or 32bit>> Vista? Assuming it's
turned on (it is) and WMP was minimized (it was),that>> indicates that
there's some cross-process communication problem.>> Potentially something
else can interfere here, so if something wasinstalled>> and then this
broke, that would be very suspect. Did this ever work?>>>> Nobody knows
what you tried, so we may be going over old ground. Forthat I>>
apologize. =)>>>> -->> Speaking for myself only.>> See
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.>> This posting is
provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers norights.>> -->> "Topgu"
> WMP Toolbar
is not showing, and when i right click taskbar and go to>> > toolbars>> >
it is already enabled, i am running vista ultimate. How do i fix
this?Now>> > don't give me a bull crap answer that will mislead me because
i havehad>> > this>> > issue for over a few weeks and i have tried
numerous simple things, sotry>> > to>> > give me a different route to
solve this problem. So far i have not seen>> > anyone able to fix this
issue....>>>>>>

ok so this is weird, i did what u said to do in cmd and stuff, it helps
somewhat by bringing back all my options, but still when minimized it doesnt
do the toolbar, and it still doesn't show the player in IE so i still can't
view anything that has to do with media player on IE or w/e. The weird part
is when i have WMP Toolbar disabled (Right Click Task Bar> Toolbars> Windows
Media Player[unchecked]) it closes normally. but when i have it enabled it
doesnt work still but when i close wmp the process is still running in task
manager and i can still here music although i cant see wmp on my taskbar at
all....

zachd said:
That's great additional data, thanks. What's the value for--

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6}\InprocServer32on
this system?What other TV, MPEG, DVD, and multimedia players/editors are
on the systemnow? My first suspicion is that one of them stomped on WMP
settings.Given what you're saying so far, it sounds fairly certain that
WMP.dll isbusted. Identifying the cause for that would be of high
interest to me, andit should be fairly straight-forward to fix you up if
we can identify theprecise problem.-Zach--Speaking for myself only.See
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.This posting is
provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.--"Topgun"
messageam
using 32 bit vista ultimate, and it came installed, i never had to>
install it. it hasnt crashed that i remember, what is LUA? and yes it
usedto> work, also the wmp plugin for IE doesnt work, like if something
uses wmpon a>
page like its embeded, it does not work for me either, and also when i
goto> options all it shows is burn options and no others..... this has
become> extremely annoying please i have been searching for a solution for
weeks> now....>> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:>>>>> What happened before this
installed? Are you logged in as"Administrator"?>> Is LUA on? Did the
shell crash at some point? Is this 64bit or 32bit>> Vista? Assuming it's
turned on (it is) and WMP was minimized (it was),that>> indicates that
there's some cross-process communication problem.>> Potentially something
else can interfere here, so if something wasinstalled>> and then this
broke, that would be very suspect. Did this ever work?>>>> Nobody knows
what you tried, so we may be going over old ground. Forthat I>>
apologize. =)>>>> -->> Speaking for myself only.>> See
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.>> This posting is
provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers norights.>> -->> "Topgu"
> WMP Toolbar
is not showing, and when i right click taskbar and go to>> > toolbars>> >
it is already enabled, i am running vista ultimate. How do i fix
this?Now>> > don't give me a bull crap answer that will mislead me because
i havehad>> > this>> > issue for over a few weeks and i have tried
numerous simple things, sotry>> > to>> > give me a different route to
solve this problem. So far i have not seen>> > anyone able to fix this
issue....>>>>>>

zachd [MSFT]

That's very interesting. Given that data, does running:
regsvr32 "%programfiles%\windows media player\wmpband.dll"
from an Administrative cmd.exe prompt then finally restore the Toolbar?

If that does, that meanst that both wmp.dll and wmpband.dll were
unregistered.

And I'm really insanely curious to know what's caused this on your system.
This is nutty.

--
Speaking for myself only.

zachd said:
What did you install or uninstall before this happened? Please please
please let me know - I really need to know who's breaking WMP here. =\

If you open cmd.exe using Run as Administrator and then run:
regsvr32 wmp.dll
, you should be fixed again. That *will* break progressive download in
IE,
though. If you reset --
http://zachd.com/pss/VistaAssocFix.reg
, that will then fix progressive download. =\

--
Speaking for myself only.
rights.
--

:

That's great additional data, thanks. What's the value for--

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6}\InprocServer32on
this system?What other TV, MPEG, DVD, and multimedia players/editors
are
on the systemnow? My first suspicion is that one of them stomped on
WMP
settings.Given what you're saying so far, it sounds fairly certain
that
WMP.dll isbusted. Identifying the cause for that would be of high
interest to me, andit should be fairly straight-forward to fix you up
if
we can identify theprecise problem.-Zach--Speaking for myself only.See
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.This posting
is
provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.--"Topgun"
messageam
using 32 bit vista ultimate, and it came installed, i never had to>
install it. it hasnt crashed that i remember, what is LUA? and yes it
usedto> work, also the wmp plugin for IE doesnt work, like if
something
uses wmpon a>
page like its embeded, it does not work for me either, and also when i
goto> options all it shows is burn options and no others..... this has
become> extremely annoying please i have been searching for a solution
for
weeks> now....>> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:>>>>> What happened before this
installed? Are you logged in as"Administrator"?>> Is LUA on? Did the
shell crash at some point? Is this 64bit or 32bit>> Vista? Assuming
it's
turned on (it is) and WMP was minimized (it was),that>> indicates that
there's some cross-process communication problem.>> Potentially
something
else can interfere here, so if something wasinstalled>> and then this
broke, that would be very suspect. Did this ever work?>>>> Nobody
knows
what you tried, so we may be going over old ground. Forthat I>>
apologize. =)>>>> -->> Speaking for myself only.>> See
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.>> This posting
is
provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers norights.>> -->>
"Topgu"
> WMP
Toolbar
is not showing, and when i right click taskbar and go to>> > toolbars>>

it is already enabled, i am running vista ultimate. How do i fix
this?Now>> > don't give me a bull crap answer that will mislead me
because
i havehad>> > this>> > issue for over a few weeks and i have tried
numerous simple things, sotry>> > to>> > give me a different route to
solve this problem. So far i have not seen>> > anyone able to fix this
issue....>>>>>>

darn. it still does not work.... tell me you have other ideas up your sleve?
i will do all the dll's if i have to lol

zachd said:
> [...]

what you tried, so we may be going over old ground. Forthat I>>
apologize. =)>>>> -->> Speaking for myself only.>> See
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.>> This posting
is
provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers norights.>> -->>
"Topgu"
> WMP
Toolbar
is not showing, and when i right click taskbar and go to>> > toolbars>>

it is already enabled, i am running vista ultimate. How do i fix
this?Now>> > don't give me a bull crap answer that will mislead me
because
i havehad>> > this>> > issue for over a few weeks and i have tried
numerous simple things, sotry>> > to>> > give me a different route to
solve this problem. So far i have not seen>> > anyone able to fix this

WMP.dll is the real key, so you're probably at least 80% healthy now. =\

What did you install or uninstall before this happened? That may be fairly
key to resolving this...

The fact that this still isn't working in IE is probably the most
interesting. What's the value for the registry key we talked about now?
So
http://zachd.com/pss/allbrowser.htm
doesn't show WMP in IE? Dumb question again, but is WMP turned on in IE's
Tools:Manage Add-ons?

Unfortunately, only you have access to your system and know what's changed
upon it - this isn't how Vista works out of box. Since this is all educated
guesswork on everyone's part as to what's changed on your system, it's
potentially easy to stymie us. If all else fails, either a System Restore
or a Vista reinstall ~should~ fix you up... again, depending upon what's
changed from how Vista shipped to you. =\

--
Speaking for myself only.

Topgun said:
[...]

=\

> [...]

apologize. =)>>>> -->> Speaking for myself only.>> See
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.>> This
posting
is
provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers norights.>> -->>
"Topgu"
> WMP
Toolbar
is not showing, and when i right click taskbar and go to>> >
toolbars>>

it is already enabled, i am running vista ultimate. How do i fix
this?Now>> > don't give me a bull crap answer that will mislead me
because
i havehad>> > this>> > issue for over a few weeks and i have tried
numerous simple things, sotry>> > to>> > give me a different route
solve this problem. So far i have not seen>> > anyone able to fix

I don't remember exactly but i think the only thing on my system that could
mess it up would be tuneup utilities 2007.

Well, it does work in IE atleast on that page you sent me, and it is
enabled, so thats fine. the only thing is now that when i close it with the
toolbar enabled it doesnt close i have to end the process manually in task
manager, and the toolbar still doesnt work. i had system restore turned off
before this happened and it remains disabled.

zachd said:
> [...]

apologize. =)>>>> -->> Speaking for myself only.>> See
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.>> This
posting
is
provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers norights.>> -->>
"Topgu"
> WMP
Toolbar
is not showing, and when i right click taskbar and go to>> >
toolbars>>

it is already enabled, i am running vista ultimate. How do i fix
this?Now>> > don't give me a bull crap answer that will mislead me
because
i havehad>> > this>> > issue for over a few weeks and i have tried
numerous simple things, sotry>> > to>> > give me a different route
solve this problem. So far i have not seen>> > anyone able to fix

According to some tests I ran, this appears to be sourced due to the
installation/uninstall of SatelliteTVforPC, which does some particularly
extremely very bad things. Was that on your system?

I've got a system in this state now to look at, but I haven't yet identified
what they've done. They install a v10 non-Vista compatible WMP file to the
system, which was why everything originally broke. Re-registering the v11
WMP file (as you did below) fixes up a lot of stuff, but not the Toolbar
aspect.

So:
* If you had had System Restore on, you should have been able to use that
* SatelliteTVforPC product support may have answers here. What their
installer did was very very bad.

I'll look at my system in this state when I get a chance, but I've got a ton
of stuff going on right now. What does SatelliteTVforPC product support say
about this?

--
Speaking for myself only.

Topgun said:
[...]

well you got me there, i had that prog, but i uninstalled soon after, that
had to of been it, i havent looked at their support yet, but let me know if u
figure it out, i didnt have system restore on at that time...

zachd said:
[...]

I can't find my password for this software for right now - I've asked them
to resend that to me so that I can again install this but this time make a
much better log of what they're doing. Now that I know what I'm looking
for, this should be a lot easier to isolate. =\

--
Speaking for myself only.

Topgun said:
[...]

Minor update: they've release SatelliteTVforPC 2007 now, which no longer
does this. So that's really really good since that means no one else will
have this happen to them, but also lightly frustrating in that that means I
can't isolate out what they did very easily and thus cannot provide
"undo"/"fix" steps.

Soooooooo at this point, failing me recovering my password for
SatelliteTVforPC 2006, reinstalling Vista is probably your best route
forward to fix this. =\

--
Speaking for myself only.

zachd said:
[...]