    accessible using WMI remotelly?

    Thanks,
    Fabricio

    Fabricio Tofoli, Jul 14, 2004

  2. WMI cannot be made remotely accessible on XP Personal.

    --
    Philip Nunn [MSFT]

    Philip Nunn [MSFT], Jul 22, 2004

  3. Philip Nunn [MSFT] wrote:

    > WMI cannot be made remotely accessible on XP Personal.

    Hi

    I wonder if the OP with "XP personal firewall" meant "XP personal" or
    did he mean "personal firewall" that comes with XP...

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

    Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\), Jul 22, 2004
  4. Torgeir has a good point! I may have misunderstood the question. Fabricio,
    if by personal firewall you mean the personal firewall on a Windows XP
    Professional machine (and not the firewall on a Windows XP Home Edition --
    aka Personal -- machine), then it is possible to remotely manage the box
    using WMI.

    Since, WMI uses DCOM for remoting, enabling DCOM across the firewall should
    allow it work. Below is a link I found on MSDN that may be of help.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dndcom/html/msdn_dcomfirewall.asp?frame=true

    A couple of other links that might be relevant:

    HOWTO: Configure RPC Dynamic Port Allocation to Work with Firewall
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;154596

    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=

    --
    Philip Nunn [MSFT]

    Philip Nunn [MSFT], Jul 23, 2004
  5. Fabricio Tofoli

    morgrum

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2009
    Likes Received:
    0
    The only advice I've found on the net is to disable the XP firewall in order to allow the use of taskkill across a Windows network. This is not an acceptable answer. The correct answer is to create a firewall exception for the following ports (I figured this out using Windows Firewall's security log, btw):

    TCP 135
    TCP 4168
    UDP 9256

    You're welcome.

    morgrum, Sep 29, 2009
  6. Fabricio Tofoli

    ailia.wanted

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2012
    Likes Received:
    0
    [Solution]

    if you don’t want to turn off firewall on target machine then do this:

    on target machine go to cmd.exe and type following command:

    netsh firewall set service RemoteAdmin enable

    Read my complete article on remote WMI.

    Max
    [​IMG]

    ailia.wanted, Jan 16, 2012