WM2003 SE VGA Emulation with .NET?

G

I have been using the emulator included with VS 2005 Beta 1 but have run into a snag I'm hoping someone can help me out with.

I have been experimenting with VGA resolution versions of my programs but I cannot get them to run in VGA mode in the emulator. The emulator is running in VGA mode (quadruple the size, wallpaper is tiled, sharper fonts, etc.) but when I run my application it apparently goes through the emulation layer to perform pixel doubling. The net effect is my VGA-sized dialog is clipped to QVGA size.

I have read the "Developing DPI-Aware Applications" and it states:

"...applications with a subsystem version of 4.20 or lower are considered legacy applications and will go through the emulation layer. The HI_RES_AWARE resource item can be used to override this behavior for legacy applications."

I am confused on how to accomplish this with a .NET application. Isn't WM2003 SE still 4.20? Also, how does one go about setting the HI_RES_AWARE flag? Or am I going about this in the wrong direction?

It would be great is someone could point it out. I hope it's not too obvious.
Thanks in advance!
-Jason

Ask a Question