Windows XP wkscal.exe works calendar prob

Reaction score
works calendar falls over when trying to open. I have reinstalled - no luck. all other works apps ok.
Error signature is AppName:wkscal.exe Appver:8.4.623.0 ModName:wkcalc.dll Offset: 00066736
I did have a trojan horse virus a while back - could be related
Any help appreciated - will sending the error report to MS be worth it?

Reaction score
Same Problem

I have the exact same problem and can find no solution thru Microsoft or HP who are meant to be sorting the issue. Any news you have please post as have tried all the usual uninstall/install measures.

Cheers

Reaction score
Works 8 Calendar

Hi I'm having the same problem with the Compaq Presario SR1550NX purchased Sept 2005

Error Message regarding Works, it must close etc...AppName:wkscal.exe ModName: wkcalac.dll All parts of Works are functioning except 'Open Calendar'. I can view what is on it,but not acess my appointments etc...

Action Taken with HP (they've been great - full points for tenacity)

1) Restored computer to earlier dates x2
2) Ran program in 'Safe' Mode, still got error message
3) Turned off other programs in case they were corrupting mine
4) Accessed 'Help' under Task Launcher and it stated if Calendar could not be opened it may be corrupted
5) Uninstalled Works then reinstalled with dics that came with Comp. Twice
5a) HP sending out new Works disc
5b) told to back up all files 'cause if this don't work then we'd try a full-system restore. :-(

6) Found Update for Works 8 on MS website. Found it would take a long time (over an hour). HP to call back and see how that went.

7) Downloaded step 1 (57 minutes with DSL). It uninstalled my Works then installed Works 8 directly from MS website.

8) Moved on to step 2 (20 minute download with DSL) then found it would not work either because there was an error! Go figure???!!!!!

9) Called Microsoft directly because I got the stuff off their website, told it would cost $45 to speak to a tech because I am HP supported. Declined.

10) Googled: wkscale.exe and found you guys and another person on a different forum who are also having this problem.

11) It's not time for HP to call back yet but I'll let you know how it turned out. Their help has been absolutely fantastic. Very patient and very thorough.

Anikin.

Reaction score
Bought Office 2003

I found HP very helpful also - speaking Raj in India! He is still working on this intimitently and meant to be sending me a patch file. I have been through all the steps you have aswell with no joy. I have bought Outlook 2003 which is fine however I could not get any of the appointments out of the Works calandar intalled / transferred, also lost some imp infor from my contacts.
All very unsatisfactory for a program I had running for circa 3 weeks!

Keep me posted on any resolution?

Cheers

Reaction score
Hi,

I tried loading the disc that came with my computer onto a second computer that we have in the house - it worked fine. Hugh??!!! Intersting that your program stopped working after 3 wks, that's not far off me. I purchased my computer Sept 11 and I was not able to access the calendar as of last week (about a month of use). What model of HP do you have?

Anikin

Reaction score
Hi,

I got the new version of Works that HP sent yesterday - it doesn't work either. Back to the drawing board. Anikin.

Ask a Question