Wizards not installed or disabled

G

Hi all, I am using Access 2002 and have a problem with wizards. I was trying to import an Excel worksheet when I discovered it needs a wizard to complete the import. When I tried other tasks that require a wizard, such as creating reports, forms etc I got an error message telling me that "The wizard is not installed or has been disabled", I have reinstalled Access, made sure that Acwzmain.mde and Acwztool.mde are in the right folder, and checked in Help>About>Disabled Items (there are none listed).
If I go to Tools>Add In manager I get this message "Microsoft Office Access can't find the wizard or the wizard has not been installed, or there is a syntax error in the Declarations section of a Visual Basic Module.........." there is more about registry keys and reinstalling and recompiling vb modules etc. Has anyone run into this problem, if so, how did you solve it.
I will be eternally grateful.
Robyn

T

Tom Wickerath

Hi Robyn,

I have not experienced this issue, however, one of these KB articles might be the answer for your
wizard woes...

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=835415

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=288300

Tom

Hi all, I am using Access 2002 and have a problem with wizards. I was trying to import an Excel
worksheet when I discovered it needs a wizard to complete the import. When I tried other tasks
that require a wizard, such as creating reports, forms etc I got an error message telling me that
"The wizard is not installed or has been disabled", I have reinstalled Access, made sure that
Acwzmain.mde and Acwztool.mde are in the right folder, and checked in Help>About>Disabled Items
(there are none listed).
If I go to Tools>Add In manager I get this message "Microsoft Office Access can't find the wizard
or the wizard has not been installed, or there is a syntax error in the Declarations section of a
Visual Basic Module.........." there is more about registry keys and reinstalling and recompiling
vb modules etc. Has anyone run into this problem, if so, how did you solve it.
I will be eternally grateful.
Robyn

Ask a Question