Winlogon.exe uses 100% CPU

Reaction score
Hello, my computer was infected by Trojan horse "Vundo". I've removed it by SmtFraudFix and VundoFix. But now my Symantec Antivirus 2007 is reporting Trojan.Dropper, Trojan.Vundo and Backdoor.Rustock.B infection. When I run full system scan it stops at about 90000 file and it get frozen. In task manager I can see Winlogon.exe is chewing up the CPU at about 100% (1 or 2% uses antivirus or system idle process). I think the virus added itself to registry key which uses winlogon to run startup applications because I compared winlogon on installation CD and in windows folder and both of them have the same size. And when I run full system scan it touches some file important for the virus and as reaction the virus chew up CPU to stop system scan to cloke itself. It looked strange when I run full system scan it started disc cleanup. I think that it is corrupted too and it's working as virus tool for restoring itself. SmitFraudFix classified it as pe386-msguard-lzx32-huy32 in the log. Thanks for helping.... :)

Ask a Question