WindowsMail problem

Valorie McLaughlin

No help at mail group so I ask here.

I set a rule over a year ago in WindowsMail on Vista machine, to delete from
the server, all mail over 750KBs. Now we have a faster connection and I want
to change that, but can't
find where. It's not listed in Message/Rule/Mail. Where is it located in
WindowsMail? This is same machine and same WindowsMail.

This is a Vista Home Premium computer with serv pack 2.

Thank you for your time.

Dave-UK

Valorie McLaughlin said:
No help at mail group so I ask here.

I set a rule over a year ago in WindowsMail on Vista machine, to delete from
the server, all mail over 750KBs. Now we have a faster connection and I want
to change that, but can't
find where. It's not listed in Message/Rule/Mail. Where is it located in
WindowsMail? This is same machine and same WindowsMail.

This is a Vista Home Premium computer with serv pack 2.

Thank you for your time.

You should be able to edit your old rule but if you can't find it this
is to create a new rule in Windows Live Mail, hopefully it's the same for Windows Mail:
Tools > Message Rule > Mail.
In the top box scroll down until you see ' Where the message size is more than size'.
Tick that box.
In the middle box select the action.
In the lower box click on the word 'size' which is in blue.
Select your size.

Gordon

Valorie McLaughlin said:
No help at mail group so I ask here.

I set a rule over a year ago in WindowsMail on Vista machine, to delete
from
the server, all mail over 750KBs. Now we have a faster connection and I
want to change that, but can't
find where. It's not listed in Message/Rule/Mail. Where is it located in
WindowsMail? This is same machine and same WindowsMail.

This is a Vista Home Premium computer with serv pack 2.

Thank you for your time.

So where did you make the original rule? Webmail perhaps?

Valorie McLaughlin

You should be able to edit your old rule but if you can't find it this
is to create a new rule in Windows Live Mail, hopefully it's the same for
Windows Mail:
Tools > Message Rule > Mail.
In the top box scroll down until you see ' Where the message size is more
than size'.
Tick that box.

Got it now. Thanks. I have another question but will ask in a new thread.
:)