Windows XP Uninstall question

v a

Hi,
How can I remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from hard drive, if it had not been upgraded from older versions and if I don't want to format the partition on which it has been installed?
Thank you.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Gordon

Hi,
How can I remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from hard drive, if it had not
been upgraded from older versions and if I don't want to format the
partition on which it has been installed?
Thank you.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Please do NOT post multiople posts within a shotr space of time. Please
note:
This is NOT a chat room and You are NOT posting to a forum run by
Eggheadcafe - you are actually posting to a global Usenet Newsgroup. You
will get a far better experience if you use a newsreader and subscribe to
these groups directly, rather than through Eggheadcafe.

If you must stay with Egghheadcafe then please follow Usenet custom by
quoting the post you are replying to, and replying to the thread.

Thank you.

As to your question, do you mean JUST SP2, or do you want to uninstall
Windows XP the Operating System? (Your post was not very clear...)

Jim Macklin

A small hammer will remove XP SP2. To do what you want you
will need to format and do a clean install of the OS of your
choice, or setup a dual boot and just not use XP SP2, of
course you won't have any security or other updates for
prior versions of Windows,