Windows XP theme saving

Peter Green

I am having trouble saving a customised theme in Windows XP. I choose a
name and location for the .theme file and select the Save As button.
All appears well until I try to find the file (e.g. previously saved on
the desktop) but it is nowhere to be found. Grateful for any suggestions.

Iceman

I am having trouble saving a customised theme in Windows XP. I choose a
name and location for the .theme file and select the Save As button.
All appears well until I try to find the file (e.g. previously saved on
the desktop) but it is nowhere to be found. Grateful for any suggestions.

The .theme file is an .ini text file, which can only be viewed if you go to
My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View and check 'Show hidden files
and folders'.

Peter Green

Thanks but I still can't see it (I can see all hidden files anyway with
my file manager).

Iceman

In this group Peter Green wrote in message
Thanks but I still can't see it (I can see all hidden files anyway
with my file manager).

..theme files are by default saved into the 'My Documents' folder. Have you
opened that folder? Or tried a file search, using either the Windows file
search engine or your file manager?

Peter Green

Yes I have searched for a *.ini file with the name I gave it when I
saved the theme using the Save As button. No luck I'm afraid.
Interestingly my Recent folder does have a link to a theme file but when
I try to locate the target in the folder it points to (My Documents)
there is no such theme file either with a .theme or a .ini extension.