Windows XP Pro SP2 Firewall management

Taggert

How do I turn XP Pro firewall on/off with a script? I need to be able to
disable it system-wide without having to edit each registry.

Thanks

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your post, you may run "netsh firewall set opmode mode=disable"
command to disable Windows Firewall.

Netsh Commands for Windows Firewall
http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver/en/library/47f25d7d-882b-4f87-b0
5f-31e5664fc15e1033.mspx?mfr=true

Deploying Windows Firewall Settings for Microsoft Windows XP with Service
Pack 2: Netsh Command Syntax
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/0ae8c5f7-aa8d-ff4a-91e6-033eb1781
ccd.aspx#EGAA

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: "Taggert" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Windows XP Pro SP2 Firewall management
| Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 13:16:43 -0400
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage
|
| How do I turn XP Pro firewall on/off with a script? I need to be able to
| disable it system-wide without having to edit each registry.
|
| Thanks

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hi,

I am just writing to see how everything is going. If you have any updates
or need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to let me
know.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: (e-mail address removed) ("Ken Zhao [MSFT]")
| Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 06:12:15 GMT
| Subject: RE: Windows XP Pro SP2 Firewall management
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage
|
| Hello,
|
| Thank you for using newsgroup!
|
| From your post, you may run "netsh firewall set opmode mode=disable"
| command to disable Windows Firewall.
|
| Netsh Commands for Windows Firewall

http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver/en/library/47f25d7d-882b-4f87-b0
| 5f-31e5664fc15e1033.mspx?mfr=true
|
| Deploying Windows Firewall Settings for Microsoft Windows XP with Service
| Pack 2: Netsh Command Syntax

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/0ae8c5f7-aa8d-ff4a-91e6-033eb1781
| ccd.aspx#EGAA
|
| Thanks & Regards,
|
| Ken Zhao
|
| Microsoft Online Support
| Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
|
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| ====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| ====================================================
rights.

| --------------------
| | From: "Taggert" <[email protected]>
| | Subject: Windows XP Pro SP2 Firewall management
| | Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 13:16:43 -0400
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage
| | disable it system-wide without having to edit each registry.
| |
| | Thanks
| |
| |