windows XP administrative priviledges and services

G

I got my computer 2 years ago and the company installed my software windows XP now i re-installed windows XP without refomatting the hard drive and it won't let me re-install my internet connect through Bell simpatico. I need to go to administrative tools and re-start remote access control and remote access auto control to install the proper internet software and it says access denied. Bell sympatico says that I need administrator control to do this. when I go to account users it says that I am the administrator. Do you now of a way I can verify my administrators priviledges or is there another area I need to change in services or elsewhere.

A

aagis

JoJo said:
I got my computer 2 years ago and the company installed my software windows XP now i re-installed windows XP without refomatting the hard drive and it won't let me re-install my internet connect through Bell simpatico. I need to go to administrative tools and re-start remote access control and remote access auto control to install the proper internet software and it says access denied. Bell sympatico says that I need administrator control to do this. when I go to account users it says that I am the administrator. Do you now of a way I can verify my administrators priviledges or is there another area I need to change in services or elsewhere.

If you are in the administrators group you are an administrator,
If you need to double check, you can use with file security (create a
file, allow only administrator access, change owner to Administrators,
try accessing ).

You could also check this by creating a dummy new ras connection.
Make it call your mobile just for fun, or borrow an alternate connection
from a friend to be sure. It seems that is a problem with their software
however you have to double check it and if that works, call them again.

hope this helps,
aagis.

Ask a Question