Windows x64

I am currently attempting to test the pre-release of windows x64 and
was having a few problems getting my system to run correctly. After
searching the internet on my other computer I was led to believe that no
32 bit drivers can be used with x64 and most companies will not release
their 64bit drivers until x64 is fully released.
It is for this reason I ask how we are expected to test the
operating systems and provide valuable feedback if it is not
possible to run any of our hardware on it.
The device I was trying to install was your
bog-standard 10/100 ethernet controller from netgear (FA311) which is
fully recognised by Windows XP (32bit) and required no driver CD.

I would appreciate any guidance or advice on this matter so that I will
hopefully not have to go back to running the standard win XP on my new
64 bit machine.

Cheers

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Newsgroup Support for Windows Server 2003 x64 Editions
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/64bit/x64/trial/support.mspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP