Windows "Window" Background color

Richard

How does one change the background color,
of windows "window" in vista

ie:
click on computer, select you hard drive
opens up a window, the background is white.
I would like to change all windows to a tan
or slight gray color.

Is there a way of doing this?

TIA
Richard

Bob D.

Right click on an open spot on the desktop, select Personalize, then Desktop
Background.

Bob

Gary S. Terhune

No, not Desktop Background. What OP wants is Personalize > Window Color and
Appearance.

Richard

Gary said:
No, not Desktop Background. What OP wants is Personalize > Window Color
and Appearance.

Actually,
its the background when you open a window to display files, in a a
folder, or open the a windows on the C drive.
its that white background (in that display window) I would like to change...

So, far, there does not seem to be away.

Rich

Gary S. Terhune

If, after clicking on "Windows Color and Appearance" you see "Effects" and
"Advanced" buttons, then click Advanced, use the drop-down to get Window,
then choose the color and OK your way out.

If you get some pretty boxes of different colors, instead, then click the
link at bottom of "Window Color and Appearance" that says "Open classic
appearance properties for more color options.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS-MVP Shell/User

"Richard" <Rick00