Windows vs Web Development

Al Wilkerson

In regards to getting a job, do you guys feel theer is more of a demand for
Windows .Net development or Web .Net development? Also, which language is
more in demand VB.Net or C#, or is it more important to know them both
equally?

Thanks,

Al Wilkerson

Cor Ligthert

Al,

This are world wide newsgroups. This is not to answer in these newsgroups,
because your question can be a very local situation.

On the otherhand. The difference between VBNet and C# is not much. The
problem in dotNet is getting used with all classes which seems to be in an
endless amount.

I write in this standard this kind of answers. The programmming languages in
dotNet are only the cement, the classes are the bricks.

I hope this gives some ideas

Cor

Al Wilkerson

So, it's not necessary to focus on Windows development or WEB development,
just focus on learning the FCL and how to implement the classes in either
VB.net or C#.

I'm curious what do you feel is quicker to get grasp at and landing a job
in: VB.net or C#.

It looks like in the Chicago IT market anyway, C# developers makes more
money, but VB.net development is more popular and is more in demand. In
other words if you are going to do DotNet development you must know VB.net
fairly well.

I originated this question as it looked like what I saw from job openings in
Chicago that Web development was more in demand than Windows development.
So, I was just curious to see what established developers thought.

Thanks,

Al