Windows Update keeps Crashing my computer.

Anyone else having this problem?

Can someone forward this to Microsoft. My OEM is out of business and they
want $35 for me to complain about this major defect. MS can call me if they
want to learn more about this bug: (e-mail address removed). XP Pro with all
service packs and updates applied, with the exception of the ones listed
below.

I have restored three times now and I think I have isolated the problem to
one of these updates. After running them I lose all access to system
utilities, and windows update no longer recognizes my computer as having a
valid version of XP, which I do. The problem is likely prior to the install
of KB890830 because thi one always fails to load.

Security Update for Windows XP (KB908519)
Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - January 2006 (KB890830)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB912919)
Security Update for Outlook 2002 (KB892841)

Malke

[...]

We can't forward anything to Microsoft from here. You've posted in a
public newsgroup offering peer-to-peer tech support hosted on Microsoft
servers. Although some MS employees post here occasionally, the
majority of helpers are volunteers who do not work for the company.

Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from
Microsoft Product Support Services at 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no
charge for support calls that are associated with security updates.

Contact MS - http://support.microsoft.com/gp/contactuswindows?sd=win
MS International Support -
http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

Malke

Robert Bollinger

What exactly is happening?

Crashes my computer doesn't say much

Robert Bollinger, MCP.

I'm also having crashes, and to be specific after installing the Jan-2006
updates (security update KB908519 and KB912919). My IE and Outlook Experss
kept crashing and I couldn't run them any more. I'm running a "legitimate"
copy of Windows XP Home on my Compaq laptop.
To fix the problem, I uninstalled the last two updates and everything
started working as before.

HEY MICROSOFT, WILL YOU PLEASE TAKE A BETTER CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS..
AT LEAST, RELEASE "WORKING" UPDATES.

Peter

Scanned for malware..spyware and viruses?

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada