Windows SBS 2003: Printer can't be installed. Operation can't be completed

Reaction score
I am currently doing a server migration for SBS 2003 and am following the Microsoft white paper.

I have two Windows SBS 2003 running in the same domain. Everything has been OK till Friday's lunch time. I deleted a few printers on the destination server and then try to reinstall them on the same server. I used the printer setup wizard to set it up, but no test page was printer and at the last step, the printer driver can't be copied over to the spool\drivers\ folder and received the error: "Printer can't be installed. Operation can't be completed".

I read lots of the discussions on the website but no solution worked out for my case. https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=2#

I am in the middle of the server migration, it this can't be solved out, I will have to reinstall the server and everything. What's more important, lots of other settings need to be reversed to make sure the source server is operating properly.

Could anyone pls help me with this?

Many thanks!

Ask a Question