Windows Messenger 5.0 viewing contact profiles

cat_haven

Not sure where to start with looking for an answer to this. Cant find anything at
all about profiles in the Help on msn windows xp messenger.

I have Windows XP, and use both Messenger programs i.e. Windows Messenger and MSN
Messenger. Today I upgraded to MSN6.1 which runs perfectly, and I love the fact
they've finally added "stay on top" to the tools options ~ one of the things I
preferred about Windows XP Messenger !

My question is: I also upgraded the Windows XP Messenger to the latest version 5.0.
Works fine HOWEVER, I cant find 'view profile' anywhere. Can no longer 'right click'
on contact and select 'view profile' and it's no longer an option in the Actions box
( where you type to the contacts ), and to top it off, in the Tools/Options/Personal,
you can no longer go to/edit your own public profile !!

Am I missing something? Can someone tell me where and how to easily find these on
Windows 5.0 ?? I gave up, and reinstalled the old version 4.7 for now. Maybe it's
just something that got omitted in the update ....hopefully in error !! Or maybe I'm
just not seeing where it's been moved to.

Thanks
Silvertabby
(1st time user, so I hope i've done it right)

Silvertabby

Thanks for that Jonathan.

I think I'll stick with my Windows Messenger 4.7, until it no longer works. I cant
see why they would have chosen to remove the profiles features, when so many people
are using the XP Windows Messenger, I guess it's a not so subtle way of getting
everyone to move over to MSN 6.0/6.1 ( which I suppose if I REALLY have to, I CAN get
used to )
Silvertabby

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote in message Greetings,

You didn't do anything wrong -- the Profiles are "MSN Profiles" and they were moved
out of
Windows Messenger as of version 5.0. Also gone in 5.0 is (MSN) Hotmail and (MSN)
Mobile
support.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert