Windows Mail Spellcheck

Joann Kotwica

When I create a new message in windows mail and ask a question and end the
sentence in a period, spell-check does not catch it. In Outlook it would
always ask me if I wanted to change it. What good is spell check if it
doesn't catch the errors?

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

That's like comparing a Cadillac to a Chevy Nova.
Windows Mail is a free basic mail program.
Outlook is an expensive program that does a lot more than just mail.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Joann Kotwica" wrote in message
When I create a new message in windows mail and ask a question and end the
sentence in a period, spell-check does not catch it. In Outlook it would
always ask me if I wanted to change it. What good is spell check if it
doesn't catch the errors?

Dave N9

Because Vista comes with Windows Mail.
No Outlook (you have to purchase that yourself, or install it if you already
own it)
No Outlook Express, as it died with XP.

Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail
"Joann Kotwica" wrote in message

Why was I switched from Outlook to Windows mail?

Joann Kotwica

I purchased Microsoft Office Standard 2007 in March of 2009 and had it
installed by Best Buy when I bought my laptop. This software has (Word
2007, Excel 2007, Powerpoint 2007 and Outlook 2007) What do I have to do
now? Reinstall it?

Dave N9

If your computer came with Outlook installed, then it's probably still
there.
Can't you use it?

Or are you trying to say that Windows Mail is now the default email program?
If so,
On the Desktop,
Click on Start - Default Programs
- Set your default Programs
after the list populates, click on "Microsoft Outlook"
in the right panel, click on "Set this program as default"
OK

Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail
"Joann Kotwica" wrote in message

I purchased Microsoft Office Standard 2007 in March of 2009 and had it
installed by Best Buy when I bought my laptop. This software has (Word
2007, Excel 2007, Powerpoint 2007 and Outlook 2007) What do I have to do
now? Reinstall it?

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

Only one solution: purchase and install Outlook.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Joann Kotwica" wrote in message
Is there any solution?

Joann Kotwica

Yes Outlook is still there. I set Microsoft Outlook as my default program.
When I click on my desktop icon, this is the message I get.
Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the outlook window.

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

As I posted earlier, you need to reinstall Outlook.