Windows Live Email Time Stamp

dioncnr

The windows live time stamp on all outgoing emails is 4hours later than the
actual time. PC time is setup with the correct time zone. Only happens when
using the online windows live email access. Can anyone assist?

Thanks.

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

In order for the outgoing time stamp to be correct, not only must your PC
have the correct time but it also must be configured for the correct time zone
and DST offset.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"dioncnr" wrote in message
The windows live time stamp on all outgoing emails is 4hours later than the
actual time. PC time is setup with the correct time zone. Only happens when
using the online windows live email access. Can anyone assist?

Thanks.

R. C. White

Hi, dioncnr.
using the online windows live email access.

While I haven't used that email access, my guess is that mail sent from
there is time-stamped with Redmond time, rather than the time where the mail
originates. If that is true, then it doesn't matter whether your own
computer shows the correct time and time zone.

You posted here with your browser, using the Discussions interface. No
matter where (in the world) you actually are, your message carried this time
stamp:
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 17:11:39 -0700

In my WLMail newsreader, it shows that your message was Sent at "6/21/2010
7:11 PM". That's because WLM translated it from about 5 PM Pacific Time to
about 7 PM here in Texas.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA