Windows Defender Update 1.14.1525.2

I am also having trouble with the latest defender update...I carelessly
clicked on this link and then clicked "run" thinking this was some kind of
quick fix. Nothing seemed to happen but can you graciously tell me what I may
have done?

Hello Sandy,

Check in Help About, and compare WD version, Engine version and Definition
version, if you have the same like me you are OK.

The link is for some user who have trouble updating because the users are
behind SUS or WSUS servers may be running into issues set by their system
admins.

There is my problem: my so-called successful download gave me the proper
engine and signature versions but I still have a WD version of 1.1.1051.0.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Dave M

Clicking the Check for Updates button in Help / About *ONLY* updates the
Engine and Signature Versions.
See this post:

From: WS
Subject: Problem with Defender Update
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 18:08:01 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.private.security.spyware.general

Hey Dave; just to be clear--all my updates have been automatic and I've never
had this problem before. I checked your referenced post and went to
microsoft.com. Do I really have to download the entire WD again just to
change one code?

Dave M

Yes, you have to download and re-install Defender to upgrade the GUI
version. The good news is you shouldn't un-install first, just re-install
over the old version. Following the upgrade, check your tools/options
using the scroll bar, new functions have been added and you should make
sure your previous choices are still correct. Also check your Spynet
membership level, it was probably reset to basic by the upgrade.