Windows Can't Run/Open ( Rundll32 ) Or Any Link/File/Exe/Icon On My PC That Is Associated with Run

G

Hi Agai
When I Click On Any Thing Or When I Try To Open Any Thing I Get This : Windows Cannot Open This File ,,
File : Rundll32.exe .. To Open This File Windows Needs To Know The Program Created It.
When I Go To Microsoft Windows File Associations Page , It Says : File Type Unknown ... Windows Doesnot Recognize This File Type ...
Well.. Lately I've found in the System some unfamiliar Links/Extentions & Application under the name : MAIL IS SAFE ,, So I deleted them and I went on and I Deleted Their Keys and subkeys from the REGISTRY aswell .. But before I did that I made a Restore Point and I made a Registry Back up and I saved it.. SO now after I did that bad move,,,, what happened is that all my : accessories and System Tool's Links buttons and Icons,,, All my EXE,,and Keyboard Short Cuts,,, All My Windows Help & Support Links And Icons,,,,,,Even The Windows Update Link/Page .. And The cmd.exe.... Every Thing Changed !!! They are not links any more .. Even the Registry Back Up I made and The System Restore Icon and The Help And Support tabs and all EXE links and Short Cuts They dont open nomore !!!! They Became Like: White Files with 3 colored dots inside !!!!!!! If I can Get To Open The SYSTEM RESTORE WIZARD or The Registery Back Ups That I Made, I would be able to Restore and Back Up every Thing The way It Was.. But How Can I Do That .. I Dont Know How But I'm Sure Someone out there knows how.. So Please Help Me... I'm Afraid to Restart The System Because I Might Lose It All .. At Least Iam Still Connected So I can Get Help On The Net.
Im Glad I had The Link Of This Page Saved on my Favorites .. It worked .. It didn't fail to bring me down here ..
Well Once Again Please Help Me..
Thanking Yo
Remay

Reaction score
i too have this same problem and downloaded the exe and lnk fixes, but i can't execute them because exe files don't work period. i can't even run an .exe to repair one, nor can i open .reg files.

i've tried system restore in safe mode, but when i get to the final page and it says 'click next to restore' nothing happens. any new suggestions?

Ask a Question