Windows Calender Problem.

Hooter

Windows Calendar does not notify me of events.
When I load task scheduler it says
"Task image is corrupt or has been tampered with mcupdate" and
"Task image is corrupt or has been tampered with Reminders-name"
Vista Home Premium

Need help to fix.

Hoot

Sascha

Either your taskplanner is corrupt or you suffer from pre-sp2 issues :

Vistas Windows Calendar has had reminder problems in its first incarnation..
SP1 / SP2 fixes the issues.

mcupdate ist the Mediacenters tv guide download which is scheduled to run in
the background. Also a lot of Mediacenter issues are adressed with vista sp2
( plus there is a "cumulative update for mediacenter" available after sp2 )

How up2date is the machine ( see "controlpanel ->> system" for the SP-Level
where it says Vista edition right next to the Windows Logo above )

Have you used any "tuneup/ tweak utilities" ? Most of them are responsible
for lots of strange issues. Vista can run like a charm without any 3rd party
utils, lots of Ram is all it needs.

Hooter

Thank you for your response Sascha.
I did install SP2 on 5/27/2009. I let all updates install automatically or
as recommended.
The only update I installed & removed the same day was Windows Live
Essentials & that was a long time ago.
The calendar problem started about a month ago. I have not used any of those
tune-up programs & will not.

I use Windows Disk clean & run &temp& to remove Tmp files.
I have 2Gig of Ram.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated

"Sascha"(e-mail address removed)> wrote in message

Sascha

I did some investigating about corrupted scheduler tasks in Vista :

Have a look here

http://www.vistax64.com/vista-performance-maintenance/92383-missing-scheduled-task.html sounds very similar. Solution includes editing the registry which isdangerous. Backup before .Your machine has enough memory, don't worry.Windows Live Suite Installation or Removal has no impact on any scheduledtasks or the calendar application. Try above website. people there have lotsof solutions, but not ideally adressed for beginners.Sascha ;)"Hooter" <[email protected]> schrieb im NewsbeitragI did install SP2 on 5/27/2009. I let all updates install automatically oras recommended.> The only update I installed & removed the same day was Windows LiveEssentials & that was a long time ago.> The calendar problem started about a month ago. I have not used any ofthose tune-up programs & will not.

Hooter

Thanks Sascha. I will see what a 79 Year old brain can do with that.
Things have come a long way since I learned to program & only had 16 K of
Core Mem. to work with.