Windows Address Book

NJITGS

Greetings All-

Recently I have noticed that when entering contacts into my Widows Address
book it seems to display them in the contacts list the way it wants to
regardless of the way I have the contact entered, i.e., when adding a
business I select the Business tab and type the name and it is then
displayed backwards and when I look on the Name tab it shows that I have it
selected to display that way even though I manually choose the way I would
like it to display. Even when I delete the fields under the Name tab and
select the option from the drop down list for it to display the contact as a
title it still reverts back to reverse order.

Could anyone explain this or provide a solution or even a better address
book that I could install?

Thank you.

eLaine Beauxrauxgard-Weiderhoff

PA Bear [MS MVP]

[x-post to OE General]

Your headers (Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3598) tell us that your
computer is NOT fully-patched at Windows Update! Check-in at
http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate ASAP, then make sure Automatic
Updates is enabled & functional.
...i.e., when adding a
business I select the Business tab and type the name and it is then
displayed backwards
Huh?

...Even when I delete the fields under the Name tab and
select the option from the drop down list for it to display the contact as
title it still reverts back to reverse order.

Huh?

Is MS Outlook installed and are you referring to Outlook's contacts?

Ron Sommer

Under new contact, I clicked on the Business tab, then entered a company
name. Then under Name tab, I added the email address and clicked the arrow
for Display name and selected the company name.
The company name displays correctly whether the sort is by first name or
last name.
Clicking on the Properties of the Contact shows the company name split
between first and last name. I did not put anything in those fields. It
still displays correctly.
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP-Mail

NJITGS said:
PA Bear said:
[x-post to OE General]

Your headers (Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3598) tell us that your
computer is NOT fully-patched at Windows Update! Check-in at
http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate ASAP, then make sure
Automatic
Updates is enabled & functional.
...i.e., when adding a
business I select the Business tab and type the name and it is then
displayed backwards

Huh?

When adding a contact as a business in WAB, for example and then
confirming the entry it does not display as a title, I displays it
bacwards ie New York Kennel Club is displayed Club, New York Kennel or
United Airlines is displayed Airlines, United. It will not retain the
entry as I enter it.

What's meant by this is that when you open a contact in the WAB and select
the Name tab is gives options for the way it should be displayed in the
contact list ie New York Kennel Club or United Airlines as opposed to the
reverse title of Club, New York Kennel or Airlines, United
Is MS Outlook installed and are you referring to Outlook's contacts?

I am currently using Outlook Express 6 for my email client. WAB is
separate although it can be accessed from withing the OE program.

Thank you for your reply.

NJITGS

For some reason, that's not working for me. It still reverts back...

NJITGS said:
PA Bear said:
[...]

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

NJITGS wrote:
[...]

Thank you to all those that took the time to reply to my post! The resolution provided by PA Bear solved the issue by clicking several times on the Name line at the top of the contact list.

Curiously, and because I am alway interested in trying new and exciting programs, would anyone happen to know of a third party Address Book that I could use? The inflexability of WAB does not seem to be meeting my needs these days anyway...

Regards,

E B-W