Windows 7 users

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
My Win 7 fell at the first jump when it didn't see my wireless Linksys NIC card :lol:

I bought Vista a year after it's release.

Some people bought Vista the day it was released.

Neither me nor those people - who trusted Microsoft - will receive a discount on the corrected version of Vista.

Microsoft can go to hell :mad:

Having said that, I will be going the Win 7 route, cos I like to play games on my PC and I am rather keen on having the latest version of Windows.

It doesn't stop me not having a very high opinion of MS though.

Reaction score
yeah man i will get it too, maybe this weekend. What happens to my pc(vista os) when i download the new 7 ? Is there much work involved ???
Zzzzz

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
captain zed said:
yeah man i will get it too, maybe this weekend. What happens to my pc(vista os) when i download the new 7 ? Is there much work involved ???
Zzzzz

I'd dual boot just to be safe.
user.gif

Work ? Don't be silly Microsoft products are plug and play, don't you read the pronouncements from Redmond. You just install and a few minutes later you are able to use the worlds best, easiest, most secure, etc etc operating system. Easy peasy.
laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
Thats ed zachary what i was thinkin man....here's my bright idea for today.....first i was gonna ask you is it possible to partition an external hard drive into 3 partitions and then i was gonna ask can i install windows 7 into said external hard drive. I'm curious how to go about it. I also know that some pcr members have installed W7 already but cant remember what way they did it....i was also thinking of trying the penguins laddies out as well...all on said external hard drive,
or are you just laughing right about now??
Zzzzz

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
You can partition any HDD with programs like ,

Partition Magic

Acronis

Paragon

Parted Magic

You will have to search for walkthroughs and manuals for information on how to use the programs. Some are free to use.

If you decide to install Linux on a HDD then you usually have the option to use GRUB as a BOOT LOADER, this will find all os's installed and you will get a choice at boot up as to which os you want to run.
If you do not run a Linux os then you will probably need a seprate BOOT LOADER to use windows os's on a external HDD. Acronis has such a facility but am not sure if the True Image sreies has this facillity.

You will need to ask more specific questions about your intentions and the tools you will use if you go this route. Also reading up on partitioning and installing os's will help as this is not an easy task. It is not as complicated as some folk make out. It is just that there are certain things that need to be done in a certain order for it to work smoothly.

Most important thing is to have a backup of your present system in case of cock ups.

happywave.gif

Ask a Question