Windows 7 Windows 7 to hit retail shelves in October

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
"Microsoft confirmed on Tuesday that it is planning for Windows 7 to hit retail shelves and start showing up on new PCs on October 22.

To reach that milestone, Microsoft plans to wrap up development of the operating system by the middle or end of next month, Senior Vice President Bill Veghte said in an interview."

... Microsoft did raise the possibility it will offer some sort of lower-cost upgrade to those who are already using Windows Vista.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10253924-56.html?tag=mncol

:wave:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
... Microsoft did raise the possibility it will offer some sort of lower-cost upgrade to those who are already using Windows Vista.

A bit vague and absolutely non-commital but it would appear MS may have been taking notice of what grumpy little buggers like me have been moaning about :D

A discount would certainly soften the blow and go some way to erasing this sour taste in my mouth.

I'm actually quite looking forward to Win 7 yet I'm not daft enough to realise it won't have problems, my Linksys Wireless NIC being the first one for me.

And I wonder how games compatibility will be?

Ask a Question