Access Windows 7 and accessing microsoft.com

Reaction score
Hi,
I am having problems getting microsoft .com to load on internet explorer 8 and also cannot login to one of my banking websites.
I have followed all the instructions from the bank on setting up internet explorer with regard to cookies , security settings , trusted sites , java script enabled etc . but it will not load.
I use these 2 sites regurlarly and never had any problem on my xp computer and also i have other banking websites which logged on 1st time on the new system.
Any advice appreciated.

Andy

p.s.I have dowloaded xp compatibilty mode and even using this mode I still cannot access the sites above.

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
You don't need XP compatibility mode.

Bit of a mystery that one, I have loaded all my Explorer favourites from XP to Vista and then from Vista to Win 7 with no problems at all.

You could try disabling UAC and seeing how you get on but that's a bit of a long shot.

Reaction score
I've had loads of probs accessing MS website because of seemingly hidden stuff that MS malicious software removal has got rid of

Try download this. It should work within Win7

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...E0-E72D-4F54-9AB3-75B8EB148356&displaylang=en

Reboot into safe mode then run the file

If you still cant get through to download it then come back to us and we can upload it to rapidshare or something for you

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
Hi and thanks for replies.

TriplexDread , many thanks for the link.
I am not very computer savvy (hence really glad I found this forum)
What am I downloading via the link?
I normally have to pay someone to fix computer problems for me and wouldn,t want to mess up a new machine.
Again many thanks.
Andy

Reaction score
if u clicked first link it gives u a full description of what it is. Don't worry its safe ;)

the second is just incase u cant get onto MS site

Simply click on Free user

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks again TriplexDread.
Unfortunately after downloading from the rapidshare link , when i clicked on the file it came up "This version of maliciuos software removal tool is not compatible with the version of windows you are using"
I,m not having any luck with this new pc , I just tried connecting the microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse instead of the basic dell one that came with the machine and as with nearly everything else i have tried to connect it said "hardware not compatible with operating system"
I still cannot access microsoft.com so cannot look for any update.
Both my wife and I are sorry we ever bought this new machine (it was a christmas present to each other)and wish now we had stuck with xp.
Anyway sorry about the moan and thanks again for your efforts to help.
Andy

Reaction score
Tried that link but wouldn,t load (because its a link to microsoft i guess)

However , we just had a friend call by with a christmas card and she said try typing www.microsoft.com into www.ninjacloak.com , which i did and the page loaded instantly , i also tried typing the login page from my bank and that loaded instantly too!

I have no idea how this happened and kelly (friend) said she didnt know how or why it works but that someone at her work told her about it.

By typing ninjacloak.com am I somehow bypassing the problem?

I still need to solve the initial problem though.

Is it safe to use www.ninjacloak.com , i havent actually logged into my bank account yet as wasn,t sure how secure it would be.

Andy

Reaction score
I don,t really know what ninja cloak is except that ita a website where you can type a web address i.e.microsoft.com and the page loads instantly whereas if i type microsoft.com into internet explorer it will not load at all.

The bank account was just one of my banks that i access online , it will not load the login page in internet explorer but loads at ninja cloak.

Thanks again for any advice

Andy

Reaction score
I know nothing about the site mate. Never heard of it. Be careful!!

It maybe safe it may not just because lots of people use it and it has good reviews does not mean it's not been set up to collect information. I remain sceptical. There are some very crafty people about on the net

Ok uploaded is the x64 version of the MS tool try again. As for cloak thingy upto you

Goodluck

To Download use this link;

http://rapidshare.com/files/325415508/windows-kb890830-x64-v3.2.zip.html

To Delete use this link;

http://rapidshare.com/files/3254155...4-v3.2.zip.html?killcode=16088401356911948132

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Its a proxy site by the sounds of it?

Reaction score
Many thanks TriplexDread- download worked and i deleted file.

Will try running it asap , i,m being dragged away from computer , been here most of the day!

V-R What does a proxy site do - somehow bypass internet explorer settings?

Thanks again for taking the time to help , especially at christmas time.

Andy

Reaction score
Update.

I needed to access my bank to pay some bills so decided to disconnect the new computer and connect up the old xp one so that i could logon to the banking website.
I am pulling my hair out here ! I typed the address into internet explorer and nothing , refuses to load so i tried microsoft.com and same story , it will not load.Now i have never had this problem on the xp computer, what is happening here?
The only thing that has changed from using the old computer and using the new one is that the belkin modem/router would not connect to the internet when i connected it to the new computer.I had a comp tech come out to it and he reset it in about 5 mins , he said it had just lost the isp password somehow and as soon as he entered it it connected immediately.
Is there any way my problem accesssing these sites could be to do with the modem/router ? I can,t see any reason why my old computer will now not access microsoft.com unless theres something in the modem/router causing it.
Any advice appreciated and i know its holiday time so i will be patient.

Andy.

p.s. TriplexDread - i ran the full scan for malicious software and it found nothing , i have also run full scans for AVG anti-virus , spybot search and destroy and ad-aware , all full scans but nothing found.

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Let's weigh this up.

Talking just about accessing some web sites here.

Computer appears to be clean of nasties.

Problem is common to XP and Win 7.

Router temporarily lost some details from it's memory.

Educated guess: faulty/temperemental router.

Can you now access Microsoft.com all the time within Win 7?

Do you have all your ISP details to enter into the router's setup?

Are you aware of how to access the router's setup?

If not, find the router's manual and get the URL address you'll need to access it.

You then open your browser, Explorer, Firefox whatever, enter that address in the address bar and hit enter.

You'll probably be prompted for a user name and password, again see the manual.

You can then enter personal details.

If you are already familiar with that, forgive me.

So, are you now getting online ok?

Reaction score
Hi floppybootstamp,

I am still unable to access microsoft.com or .co.uk or any url with microsoft in it , also cannot access www.halifax-online.co.uk ( a banking logon page ) in any browser ( i,ve tried internet explorer - firefox - opera )
When i first installed firefox i typed www.microsoft.co.uk and it came up instantly but when i closed the browser and re-opened it I had the same problem , would not open and i,ve tried several times since with no luck.

I have the routers address and have been into settings and everything seems ok the corect isp details and password etc.

So, I can access most websites that i have tried except the ones that i need i.e. - all microsoft sites and my banking site.

Thanks for replying especially over the holiday period.

Andy

p.s. if i go to www.ninjacloak.com I can access microsoft.com etc but i know nothing about cloak sites? How they work etc and are they safe !

Last edited:
Reaction score
Have you tried access without your router or is the type with built in modem?

Make a note of all your log-in details. On rear of router press and hold the reset button for a few seconds if you have one.

Try reading through the attached file. Let us know

Extract to a folder and click icon.

Attachments

• cannot.zip
    135.9 KB · Views: 109
Reaction score
Great News !

I can now access all sites !

The problem was my modem/router - I did a hard reset and re-entered isp details etc and tried microsoft.co.uk/com and it loaded along with my banking site.

Thanks TriplexDread - i didn,t know there was a reset button on rear of router.
Thanks everyone else for your time and effort.

Andy.

Ask a Question