Windows 2000 System Restore


J

Joe

One of our Senior group members is using Windows 2000 and would like to
restore back to
an earlier date like it was possible in Windows 98 with Scanreg /Restore and
also System Restore in ME and XP.

Can anyone tell me if there is a simple way of doing this please.
 
D

Dave Patrick

No system restore in Windows 2000. You can restore the registry to an
earlier date providing you created a backup at that time.

--
Regards,

Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

:
| One of our Senior group members is using Windows 2000 and would like to
| restore back to
| an earlier date like it was possible in Windows 98 with Scanreg /Restore
and
| also System Restore in ME and XP.
|
| Can anyone tell me if there is a simple way of doing this please.
|
| --
|
| Regards
| Joe
| Tasmania
|
|
 
Ad

Advertisements

J

Joe

Thank you Patrick, I don't imagine that she would have intentionally created
a backup of the registry, can you advise me of what to do to see if there
was one created automatically or doesn't Windows 2000 do that.

Much appreciated.
 
D

Dennis Langton

Windows 2k does not automatically create any backups.


Joe said:
Thank you Patrick, I don't imagine that she would have intentionally created
a backup of the registry, can you advise me of what to do to see if there
was one created automatically or doesn't Windows 2000 do that.

Much appreciated.

--

Regards
Joe
Tasmania

Dave Patrick said:
No system restore in Windows 2000. You can restore the registry to an
earlier date providing you created a backup at that time.

--
Regards,

Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

:
| One of our Senior group members is using Windows 2000 and would like to
| restore back to
| an earlier date like it was possible in Windows 98 with Scanreg /Restore
and
| also System Restore in ME and XP.
|
| Can anyone tell me if there is a simple way of doing this please.
|
| --
|
| Regards
| Joe
| Tasmania
|
|
 
J

Joe

Many thanks for your advice, at least I know now.

--

Regards
Joe
Tasmania
Dennis Langton said:
Windows 2k does not automatically create any backups.


Joe said:
Thank you Patrick, I don't imagine that she would have intentionally created
a backup of the registry, can you advise me of what to do to see if there
was one created automatically or doesn't Windows 2000 do that.

Much appreciated.

--

Regards
Joe
Tasmania

Dave Patrick said:
No system restore in Windows 2000. You can restore the registry to an
earlier date providing you created a backup at that time.

--
Regards,

Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

:
| One of our Senior group members is using Windows 2000 and would like to
| restore back to
| an earlier date like it was possible in Windows 98 with Scanreg /Restore
and
| also System Restore in ME and XP.
|
| Can anyone tell me if there is a simple way of doing this please.
|
| --
|
| Regards
| Joe
| Tasmania
|
|
 
Ad

Advertisements

D

Dave Patrick

Look in;
%windir%\repair\regback
The file date/time stamps (if exists) will tell you the vintage.

--
Regards,

Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

:
| Thank you Dave, I don't imagine that she would have intentionally created
| a backup of the registry, can you advise me of what to do to see if there
| was one created automatically or doesn't Windows 2000 do that.
|
| Much appreciated.
|
| --
|
| Regards
| Joe
| Tasmania
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top