Window Display

Reaction score
Hey,

Sorry if this is annoying, i was going to post it under my previous thread, but i kind of thought it was a bit different anyway, and thought some people might have some interesting stuff to say on the matter.

So, the question is, what would attract you in a computer shop window display? Im thinking something not over crowded, maybe like a big wide screen monitor, a clear case with funky LED's etc and a few up to date peripheral boxes etc.??

What would make you guys go into a computer shop?

P.S. I am aware there will be lots of silly answers to this, bring it on! ;-)

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Not very specific I know but I would say, something clean & crisp, and, as you say, not too cluttered. You want it to look efficient & well organised but not cold & clinical. & change the display often or people will just tune it out. They aren't going to look if they already know what's going to be there. Also, have 'interesting looking' displays & posters inside the shop that can be seen, but not completely clearly through the windows or door.

I would also say, if you want to attract the young end of the market then sell games. I wouldn't necessarily put them in the window but I would have it clearly visible that they are there inside, and gamers are definitely a good market for upgrades etc if you can hook them in.

Also, have the name clearly (& cleanly) displayed. Most of the advertising might be word of mouth, but if the name sounds familiar then people are more likely to feel it is trustworthy when someone recommends it.

Reaction score
Yeah your right Cirianz, i'd go into a computer shop if it looked clean and not too cluttered.
Maybe you could think about having a second hand game thing going? Would the 2 friends of yours be interested in doing that?

Reaction score
Yeah, they are pretty lazy when it comes to business improvements etc. I think what the shop has become is known as a "lifestyle business", where they are happy for it to just be ticking over etc but not making any great advances. The shop is completely cluttered. They have an old sideboard right inside the door, lots of old carpet squares etc and old boxes everywhere. You would be shocked! BUT......i think that is part of their "charm". They have a very loyal customer base etc and i think they like the laid back attitude. I mean, some customers come in and talk to them while smoking etc. Its not your usual shop! lol.

So i'm looking to kind of spruce it up and take it in a new direction without alienating their core market. Dont want to mess it up and send them down the tubes! haha (dont know why thats funny!! :-/ )

Bodhi

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
My Thoughts

I`d say if you want people through the door display something people want regularly and keep it colourful and clean. Maybe you could take a hit on CD`s and DVD`s , or Ink cartridges ..just to get people in the shop..when they are there use politeness and ask them if they need any questions about PC`s answering..I`m sure they would all return .

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Sorry if this is annoying, i was going to post it under my previous thread...
Yep, very annoying ... you should know better, already people are repeating what has already been posted in the original thread.

I'll close the other thread ... stick to this one. :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
bodhi said:
It just wouldnt be fun if i didnt get told off by mucks!! haha.
:p

:)

* sounds just like my workshop, but at least my 'clutter' was tidy *

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
how about a nice 19" monitor with some game trailers to catch peoples attention ?

Reaction score
Sounds good actually. Was thinking of something really simple like that. Can you buy cd's or dvd's with trailers of the latest games playing etc? What would be other good things to have playing on a monitor in the window?!

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
no idea if you can buy them but you can find loads on the net, maybe have a break in the games saying stuff about AV and spyware also something about backing up regularly

Ask a Question