Windows Vista Win32_Printer invokes SpoolSV.exe

Reaction score
Hi ,

It will be great if anyone tells me whether calling Win32_printer will inturn invoke Spoolsv.exe.?

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
No actually when I tried querying for Win32_Printer the printer dlls are getting changed. The process that changes this is Spoolsv.exe. I donot have any printer jobs now. So I just wnat to know whether querying the Win32_Printer calls SpoolSV.exe?

Reaction score
I simply wish to relate my recent experience concerning SPOOLSV.EXE. It may help someone.

Yesterday Tue 9 Aug 2011 I inadvertently clicked somewhere in a dodgy website, which then crashed my PC (Packard Bell IMEDIA B2217 UK, 2GB, 32-bit, Windows VISTA Home Basic, Service Pack 2).

I restarted in SAFE MODE, then restarted in NORMAL MODE.

I then received the message SPOOLER SUBSYSTEM APP HAS STOPPED WORKING
and showing Problem Event Name: BEX
plus Application Name: spoolsv.exe

MS DEP had stopped the app because it thinks it is suspect. I think that the dodgy website corrupted the file or one of its DLL's. Perhaps it is a virus, although my scan showed nothing.

My print spooler, however, had ceased and my printers had disappeared!

After digging around I found some pretty intricate solutions, and was about to embark upon one when I had an idea to check my restore points. Quite by chance my PC had automatically created a restore point just a few hours prior to my misdemeanour.

I proceeded with full system restore, and all is now well. Happy Days Are Here Again ...:fool::dance::thumb::cheers::bow:

Ask a Question