Win XP 64-Bit

Chris

When they say that something is not included with, or
doesn't provide support for, does that mean that those
programs cant run period or just arent able to run in 64-
Bit mode?

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Newsgroup Support for Windows for 64-Bit Extended Systems
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/64bit/extended/trial/support.mspx

List of Limitations in 64-Bit Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282423&Product=winxp

Cannot Install Some Programs on Windows XP for 64-bit Platforms
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298218&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

:

| When they say that something is not included with, or
| doesn't provide support for, does that mean that those
| programs cant run period or just arent able to run in 64-
| Bit mode?

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Chris,
Depends on what exactly youare talking about.
Somethings are not included and may still work, others will not work at all.
What items are we talking about specifically?
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
Again what specifc problem are you talking about? There isn't a blanket
answer to this question as it's pretty broad.
Somethings will work, other will not work which is why we need specific.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Chris

To be more specific things like Norton Internet security,
Windows Media Player, WinDVD, GTA:VC, Battlefield
Vietnam, Half-life:Counter-Strike(Steam), Call of Duty,
Unreal Tournament 2004, Kazaa Lite, etc. For the most
part PC games that were designed to run in 32-bit format.
If you can't tell already I'm upgrading to get that 30%
performance increase for Half-Life 2.

From: "Chris" <[email protected]>
Sender: "Chris" <[email protected]>
Subject: Win XP 64-Bit
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 07:55:23 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment

When they say that something is not included with, or
doesn't provide support for, does that mean that those
programs cant run period or just arent able to run in 64-
Bit mode?

.

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Chris,
Most of those have already been discussed in this newsgroup:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/64bit/extended/trial/support.mspx
People have tried most if not all of these and have reported on them, so I
would start by posting there.
Some of these will work fine, some may need modifications to the programs,
particularly if they have driver components
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]