WIN 2000 blank Screen after logon

Farid

We had a WIN 2000 server crash a couple of days ago (it
has since been repaired, but one of the paths had to be
remapped to a different server). However, since that
incident I have not been able to logon my computer (WIN
2000 machine) under my name. After entering my name and
password to logon the network Domain, it goes through the
normal process of accepting the password, loading personal
settings, plays the startup music, shows the desktop
background color (light blue) and cursor, then nothing
else happens. I cannot bring up the task manager or the
taskbar, and Ctrl-Alt-Del does not work. The desktop is
completely empty!

What is strange about this problem is that I can logon
under a different name from my machine and it works fine.
I can also logon locally without any problems. I can also
logon to the domain from another machine and other people
can logon my machine under their name. No one else in the
company has this problem. I tried checking the whole
system for errors and even ran service pack updates
(including SP4) but nothing seems to help. I also tried
logging on in safe mode with networking and it does that
same thing. It seems that something in my user profile is
corrupted or is looking for a network drive that is no
longer there.

Can anyone help?

FYI: We do not use roaming user profiles.

Farid