wii anyone?

Reaction score
do any of you have a Nintendo Wii?

Started playing it at work recently it's so much fun. Really different type of gaming!

Thinking of buying one would you reccomend?

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Yeah i have a Wii, the only games worth playing really are the ones you get free in Wii Sports, the rest are so annoying as the motion sensitive thing they use is cheap.

Oh Mario Olympics is quite good and Mario Kart is okay.

They are worth the money but you need 2 - 4 controllers to get the most out of it, more of a get your mates round console than play it on your own.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
They are absolutely Brilliant...Have 1 and sell the stuff too (sorry Flops :wave: ). Limit my kids to 1 game and currently they are battering Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games..Aaron(3) is so adapt at the controls (thats the beauty ..you just dont have to read to become proficient. everything is simplistic with pictures) Charlotte(6) has unlocked most if not all the secret events and my wife ran 9.52 for the 100m against my lacklustre 10.22..quickest she`s moved since the honeymoon :) .
Aaron when we pick Charlotte up from school is in his element on the school field taking up the sprinters posture and shouting ready steady go as he tears off glancing back to even watch his feet kick his knees !! , he uses his folding up raincoat for hammer practice..it really is a miracle machine and for those who haven`t played one...you don`t know what your missing..

A Gigantic thumbs up from me..

Ps my kids love it when it rains coz thats when its Wii time and not outside playing time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
nice one I played Mario Kart today at work. Last time I played Mario Kart was in the SNES days. We got the steering wheel and today I relived my youth I loved playing Mario Kart it was brilliant. :)

I played this smooth grove game or something. It's the one where you grab the wii controller and use it such as using it as a remote or an umbrella. Was really FUNNY but good gameplay too.

I've seen other games that one you mentioned Rush the Olympics one looks well fun I really want to play the Zelda game the most.

So you sell the stuff?

Reaction score
I'll probably get a 2nd hand one. They are around £180 brand new so if I can get it for £120-£140 I will :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Rush said:
They are absolutely Brilliant...Have 1 and sell the stuff too (sorry Flops :wave: ).

Eh? :confused: Oh, you're talking about the ebay link, hehe ;)
Geddy Lee said:
and my wife ran 9.52 for the 100m against my lacklustre 10.22..quickest she`s moved since the honeymoon :) .

:lol:

I had a go last Christmas against my ten year old niece, boxing and golf as I remember and she whupped me at both :D

I honestly didn't care for it meself, maybe it's just me...

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Just a look on ebay, the cheapest new ones are £165, but second hand ones anywhere from £110 with no games.

Reaction score
2nd hand for me :)

ive seen them much more expensive tho
ima keep searching

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've played on a Wii a couple of times (at a new years party with a few drinks), and they do seem like good fun - but I think I'd probably get bored with it after a few weeks... unless they bring out a lightsaber game :D

Ask a Question