Wii U anyone bothering?

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
As the title says really, anyone bothering with a Wii U? Rather dear at £300 for the premium 32Gb console. I'm thinking of getting one as the Wii is the only console in my house that still gets used! Me and the fiance always whip out some Wii bowling, just dance, raving rabbids, mario galaxy, wii fit or something else on it!

Dont know if I can justify £300 for it though :(

Reaction score
I wont be. Not really using consoles anymore tbh

I have 4 Xbox 360's

1 in living room
1 in bedroom for my boy
2 spare

1 playstation in living room
1 Xbox in living room
1 Wii in living room

Not including the Nintendo DS's everywhere
and 2 PSP's

And PS3 with YLOD

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Not my thing tbh, and I've just got an Xbox which i much prefer. Wii/Wii U is cool, but i wouldn't have one myself.

Reaction score
To be honest my wife and I bought a Wii about 4 years ago we have only played with it about twice in all that time so would not ever consider another one.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Well I couldnt resist, i've put a deposit down on the premium console so I can get it friday. Its a mistake but ya live n ya learn :p ;-) going to get the game zombie u aswell, it looks pretty average but the other half loves zombie stuff so it'll keep her happy :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Haha, i had a funny feeling you'd get one. :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Enjoy your new toy Reef :)

I tried the Wee soon after it was released at my niece's place and didn't care much for it tbh so haven't bothered.

And TriplexDread, methinks you're bordering on an obession. Here's a tip - sell the two unused Xboxes, buy a Gigabyte Motherboard/CPU/Memory/Graphics card the sell the Asus Board/Card/Memory/CPU.

That should give you a computer that doesn't crash, some freed up storage space from the Xboxes and a few quid to go out and have a curry and a few pints.

All I have here is two gaming PC's (one running Win '98, a really old Socket A machine) and the latest Xbox 360 250Gb. And I really like all three.

I don't suppose Sonic The Hedgehog and Crazy Golf on an iPod counts as a gaming device does it? Nah, it doesn't ;)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I got my Wii U today, and by the looks of things I were lucky! Everywhere is sold old apparently and in The Sun some weirdos were camping for up to 7 days outside stores to get there hands on a Wii U. My first thoughts are it is without a doubt the smartest looking console out there. The LCD screen game pad is a lot lighter than I thought it would be aswell, bout half the weight of an iPad. Loads of messing about to get it on the internet, had to input my ip manually but add 10 to the end (so 1 becomes 11) for some reason, input my SSID, subgate, dns etc etc etc. Its finally on the internet updating now though as it was released with a flaw that it cannot play old Wii games without the update!

Havent played a game on it yet, so I'll let you know how it goes!

Also forgot, it comes with a HDMI lead! 1st console in history to come with a HDMI lead standard in the box :blush:

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Update took over an hour, once the wii u day 1 update was complete it went to create new user screen then crashed! Seems like it happened to alot of people though as I googled and found a solution straight away, ya have to switch off the mains as the console power button wont help! Nice bit if kit ;-)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Glad you are enjoying it, after all at the end of the day you have to be with what and who makes ya happy ;)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Put in zombie u, guess what UPDATE!!! Took around 20 mns to update then we put in nintendo land, suprise suprise UPDATE!!! This one took longer at around 30-40 mins. Nintendo land is awsome, better than playing the original Wii for the 1st time. Zombie U is hard! Have to give more time into it. Bad time to install Far Cry 3 on me PC, not even played it yet!

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Week on with the Wii U. Still very impressed with it, the only fun get together console that comes even close is the original Wii. You cant have all ya friends and family round and play Xbox or PS3.

The loading times are incredibly long though, sometimes I get so bored waiting for games to load that I'm put off.

The gamepad (the one with the screen) battery is pretty poor, it only last's 3-4 hours of gaming and takes a good 2 hours to charge! The lead is that short that unless you sit on a power outlet you wont be able to charge and play.

Overall I'm glad I have it, it's the meaning of fun in a console :D

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Went to buy Black ops 2 for me Wii U, cheapest I could find in a shop was Asda for £43! Its nearly £10 cheaper on the 360 and PS3. Then I saw Sonic Allstar Racing which is meant to be quite good actually, £20 on 360 and PS3, £33 on the Wii U! The games for the Wii U are so expensive. I've seen a few over the £50 mark. Need to sort that out, I've never seen a PS3 or 360 game at £50! Though I did pay £50 for Diablo 3 for the PC :-/

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Don't look like any one else is bothering with a Wii U. Sounds like you are having fun though. :dance:

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Still enjoying it, even more so over xmas I bet with family n friends round, got peeps comking round the day after boxing day to hit the wii u up ^^

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Who dreamed up the name for the Wii? Bad enough the Mark 1 sounding like something you do in the karzi but now the Mk 2 sounds like somebody shouting out on a theme park ride - Weeeeeeeeeeeeyoooooooo!

Still, at least the Mk 2 name makes more sense ;)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Got Sonic allstar racing for the Wii U and love it, its as good as Mario Kart. Nearly brought myself Black Ops 2 for it aswell from Tesco but cannot justify £45 when I have it on PC!

Really getting into Zombie U now, if the game was made by someone else maybe it would be so much better, but I still like it. The controls are so clunky and slow though, and the graphics are quite terrible at times. It should be more in daylight instead of using dark places all the time, suppose it adds to the experience but if I were in a zombie apocolypse I wouldnt be in dark places, i'd be in the light so I can see the zombies easier :p

Ask a Question