Widescreen to 4.3 ????

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
So I've got an ".avi " file (see photo) that plays as widescreen . Now i want to convert and burn it to disc so it plays back in 4.3 . I tried using Nero 6 De-Luxe and set it to change from widescreen to 4.3 but when I play the dvd back on my dvd player through the tv it comes out as widescreen , and yes I've used the settings on the dvd player to try and change it from widescreen to 4.3 .

So is t possible to convert and burn an .avi file in widescreen so that it will play in 4.3 on a tv .

I've only got an old tv and won't be upgrading to a widescreen till it blows up . Could be in for a long wait as me last tv hung on in there for 11 years .

user.gif

Attachments

• 2006-11-11_160652.png
    2006-11-11_160652.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
converting it to 4:3 will still give you a widescreen picture, AFAIK there is no way to change it

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
If I play back a widescreen with Power DVD on me pc I can set it to fill the screen , it stretches it , which is ok for me for most films .

So why can't I do that and burn . There must be a program that will do it .

Good opportunity for a budding entrepreneur.

:D

Reaction score
You can use video editing software such as Premiere to crop the original and export a 4:3 it's a bit more work and you do lose the edges but that's only to be expected. We have to do this at work all the time.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Duh !!!! Premier (can't afford to go to the pics let alone a premier )????????????????????????????????? What dat .

Thanks for the info robster . Now if only I knew what it pertained to .

laughingsmiley.gif

Ask a Question