why is there dots where spaces should be:?

jayne34

All my Word documents have got dots between the words instead of
space. Each time i use the space bar i get a dot instead of a space
It has affected all my exsisting Word documents. Can anyone help m
with undoing this

Greg Maxey

All my Word documents have got dots between the words instead of a
space. Each time i use the  space bar i get a dot instead of a space.
It has affected all my exsisting Word documents. Can anyone help me
with undoing this?

Because nature abhors a vacuum ;-)

No, you have non-printing characters toggled to display. You can
usually eliminate this with CTRL+Shift+8

grammatim

Because nature abhors a vacuum ;-)

No, you have non-printing characters toggled to display.  You can
usually eliminate this with CTRL+Shift+8

Or click the "paragraph" button in the toolbar.

jayne34

Suzanne said:
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"jayne34" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

All my Word documents have got dots between the words instead of a
space. Each time i use the space bar i get a dot instead of a space.
It has affected all my exsisting Word documents. Can anyone help me
with undoing this?

many many thanks. this has solved my problem and i can continue with my
assignmnet in peace

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Glad I could help. Though those of us who depend on seeing the nonprinting
characters find it odd that so many users are freaked by them!