Why is Outlook 2007 dropping random appt.s? How to fix/restore??

shrink losing her mind?

I have been using Outlook 2007 since July 2008. Now, after about 2 1/2
months it has started dropping appointments from my Personal calendar,
apparently at random. Some appointments entered on a particular date will
endure, while others have disappeared the next time I open Outlook!
Sometimes I type them into the frame; other times I double click on the time
to bring up an appointment window, type in the person/event there, then save
and close the window. When I experiment with these two methods they both
work and appear the next time I open Outlook. Is it me or the software?
Is there a way to restore ALL the appointments I've entered? How do I stop
this phenomenon? [It is wreaking havoc with my schedule!!!]

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"shrink losing her mind?" <shrink losing her
[email protected]> wrote in message
I have been using Outlook 2007 since July 2008. Now, after about 2 1/2
months it has started dropping appointments from my Personal calendar,
apparently at random. Some appointments entered on a particular date will
endure, while others have disappeared the next time I open Outlook!
Sometimes I type them into the frame; other times I double click on the
time
to bring up an appointment window, type in the person/event there, then
save
and close the window. When I experiment with these two methods they both
work and appear the next time I open Outlook. Is it me or the software?
Is there a way to restore ALL the appointments I've entered? How do I
stop
this phenomenon? [It is wreaking havoc with my schedule!!!]

Do you have autoarchiving enabled on the calendar?

shrink losing her mind?

Yes, but not that often. A Blackberry. Last evening I made some more
appointments (after I posted my problem). Before I shut down for the night
two of those had disappeared! I had not synched with the Blackberry. They
also disappeared from By Category.

Diane Poremsky said:
Are you syncing with a pda-like device? Can you see them in the By Category
view?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

(e-mail address removed)

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

[...]

shrink losing her mind?

No I don't have AutoArchiving enabled. Just last night (after posting the
problem) I scheduled 6 appointments. Before shutting down for the night I
checked my calendar and 2 of them had already disappeared.

Brian Tillman said:
[...]

shrink losing her mind?

Outlook is still dropping appointments - even without closing and reopening
of the calendar. This happens without synching with my PDA. Filtering is
not on.
If I cannot get this resolved I will have to stop using Outlook - my
business is already suffering due to resultant (unintended) double- and
triple-booking of patient appointments.