why is my second drive labled L(E:) and never changes space

Reaction score
my main drive Local disk (C:) has 204 GB free of 222GB
my other drive is labeled L(E:) has 400 MB free of 9.99 GB

from What I can see the L(E:) drive space never changes even if I run a disk clean up
and I do not know why its labeled like this L(E:)

how ever what I do know is certain folders are duplicates for example Movie maker is on both drives and I tried to delete it off drive L(E:) and it wont allow me to delete it for more space.
On drive L(E:), before I had less than 400MB of space showing and it was red lined for low space so I compressed the drive L(E:) and it stayed at 400MB and Never changes, so I would appreciate it for some one to help me with this duplicated and low space situation , everything is working properly I just do a lot of disk clean and def ragging to keep things running smoothly, I have windows Vista Home Basic
and IE 7 and a Dell 531 desk top .

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
It sounds like a "system reserve" windows/dell thing, I would ignore it and do something a bit more entertaining. :)

Compressing drives, inho, can cause more problems than it was invented to solve. Better to get a bigger drive.

:user:

Reaction score
It sounds like a "system reserve" windows/dell thing, I would ignore it and do something a bit more entertaining. :)

Compressing drives, inho, can cause more problems than it was invented to solve. Better to get a bigger drive.%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

:user:
I can always uncompress the drive that's compressed, would this do anything for me?

Ask a Question