Why can't they fix this ? ( Linus Tech Tips )

Reaction score
I am sorry BUT I cannot understand this need for instant communication, we got by very well with the red telephone boxes in days of yore should you need one. It is nice to have instant communication but there still many black spots where you cannot get a signal anyway. What did we do 20/30 years ago when mobiles were darn big boxes and no signal, and even now there are many places where you cannot get a signal so it is back to the red boxes. So what is the problem of waiting till you get home/office and making a call from there.
I was out dog walking out in the country with the dogs and had a mobile with me, I had a minor hart attack and tried with the mobile to get help but couldn’t get a signal and crawled back to the car with the dogs and had to drive to the doctors who called a ambulance and taken to hospital and spent 3 days there. If you have a piece of equipment like a mobile telephone it should be able to pick up a signal where ever it is otherwise it is a unreliable expensive piece of kit and not worth the money.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Thanks for the video @EvanDavis! That's equal parts interesting and frustrating. I'm still having battery problems with my S7 but otherwise it's fine and I don't plan on upgrading any time soon, but if I were to try and pick a different handset I'm not sure which I would choose.

Battery technology has been lagging behind for a while now, and we need another big development that can keep up with the tech it is powering. Until then... :confused:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
OnePlus 6

I top it up twice a week, I think, maybe I don't use it often enough. :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I got me first mobile the same year I stopped watching telly - 1996 and wouldn't be without it now.

I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy S6 and leave it on charge every night overnight.

I haven't been anywhere where I can't get a signal yet.

I haven't run out of juice yet either but I'll rarely talk on it for more than an hour a day and the Samsung battery certainly lasts longer than the iPhone battery which I had previously.

Red telephone boxes? Party Lines? Operator only for calls abroad? Horse and cart? Diptheria? Whooping Cough? Polio? George Formby? Lemon Curry?

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
Why don't we just install the antenna in our nose and use our brains to call each other? I could even spank my girl from miles away with this exciting new tech :fool::nod:

Ask a Question