Which sat nav ???

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I think I got caught by a speed camera. I was doing 46 mph on a deserted country road but it ius a 40 mph zone. My defence is that I was tired, up at 7 am, 250 miles traveled and I was on my way home and forgot that the cameras were there when I passed them at 7.30 pm. Darn that two days ambulance volounteering down the drain.

So I need a sat nav with very good camera detection. Was looking at these. as I like the sound of their camera detection and also the look of the mapping. Not so keen on Tom toms viewing screen. NavMan and Garmin look pretty clear though.

This one only has a 3.5 screen but comes with lifetime updates.

http://shop.instant-shop.com/Snooperdirect/product780186.html

This one has a 4" screen and lifetime updates but does not do multipul destinations.

http://www.snooperuk.com/products/snooper_syrius/index.html

This one has a 4.5 screen, lifetime updates and traffic monitoring amd multipul destinations.

http://shop.instant-shop.com/Snooperdirect/product1060186catno50186.html

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I like the sound of the first one as it is only £147 but the screen size is putting me of a bit as me eyesight is not so good. I need driving glasses and reading glasses so I need something that I can see with me driving glasses. Could be a bit tricky swapping glasses on whilst travelling.

laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
I think I got caught by a speed camera. I was doing 46 mph on a deserted country road but it ius a 40 mph zone. My defence

Your defence../ You are having a laugh aren't you..? You have no defence..Twoof the biggest killers in RTA'S are speed and tiredness...I quite like the 1st one to although somethingwith a bit bigger screen would be nicer...

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Your defence../ You are having a laugh aren't you..? You have no defence..Twoof the biggest killers in RTA'S are speed and tiredness...I quite like the 1st one to although somethingwith a bit bigger screen would be nicer...

Well I would have been at home for 4 pm but control asked me if I could go collect a stranded paitient as I was on me way home. Guess I should have told em to tell the guy to walk or catch a cab from Preston. I'll know better next time.

;)

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Got the missus the Navman road angel from aria when it was on special offer, it comes with loads of features and is only about £70.

I agree with Madx though as a former Royal Military Policeman (RMP) speed kills, plus the speed camera that got you, if it was a fixed one is there for a reason, cannot remeber the exact rules but for a fixed camera it like, within 400m either side of it there has to have been either 2 fatalities or 5 serious injuries, something like that.

In my 4 year stint in Germany as an RMP, i was present at a number of Road Traffic Collisions that resulted in 37 fatalities, through either, speeding, drink/drugs or tiredness. German civvies as well as british squaddies.

Saying that though, speed cameras are calibrated so that there is a 10% error margin on the speed limit for the road on which you are on, because the Police are nice they also give you a 2mph error margin, so..

40mph speed limit, 10% is 4mph, plus 2mph = 6mph, your Speedo is well out.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm waiting on a letter from Surrey Police to tell me how much i'm going to get for speeding in a 40MPH area.
Expecting 3 points & a fine.
I'm guilty & have told my boss who is OK with it, if it was DD it would be different.
I never drink 24 hours between bottle & throttle!!!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I went through a 50mph speed camera once on the North Circular doing about 57mph. The camera caught me but I got a warning, was all..

As for all these self-righteous pious finger wagging upholders of law and order - shut up :p

Once I passed that camera on the North Circular on that occasion I went over 90mph for some stretches all the way to the Woolwich Ferry. It was early morning, roads deserted and, I have to say, quite enjoyable. 95mph with Metallica cranked up loud is good fun :)

Ask a Question