Which media Type do you use and how many...

Reaction score
Hate to sound like an idiot but what's a coaster?
Just when a cd doesnt get writen properly?

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
You hit the nail on the head cos if it contains errors then theres not much else you can use it for, only for resting your mug of tea on...:p

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Coaster is a slang term for an optical disc (CD, DVD, etc) that doesn't work, normally because of bad quality of the optical disc itself, failure during the CD/DVD burning process, etc. So, such disc just creates an excellent, shiny coaster to use with your latenight pint ;)

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
And then again as a frisbee :D

u know it!

I have had a lot of success with Freeserve or ISP disks!

they really fly in the air!
:)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Oh yes the Interlink Express man has just delivered my 100 Titanium 8speed DVD-r disks and I'm glad to report everything in order and no damage to the Cartons as they were boxed as well and wrapped in Bubblewrap....I'm well happy.....:D

Reaction score
i have about 200 dvdrs and about 200 cdrs i think i used 1 dvd and like 6 i couldnt get soemthing to write on them properly but that was a user problem :-X. Buttttt mine are ok 30 us dollars for 100 wasnt bad and about 15 for 100 cdrs so i grabbed them the cdrs work good no coasters.

Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Oh yes the Interlink Express man has just delivered my 100 Titanium 8speed DVD-r disks and I'm glad to report everything in order and no damage to the Cartons as they were boxed as well and wrapped in Bubblewrap....I'm well happy.....:D

Ditto mine came yesterday too :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
crazylegs said:

I ordered Friday, mine arrived Tuesday morning. I was out but Interlink man left them with neighbour, so all is cool :)

Have yet to try one, will report in when I do.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I ordered Friday, mine arrived Tuesday morning. I was out but Interlink man left them with neighbour, so all is cool :)

Not tried one either yet as they are for my new laptop that I'm getting for my bday :thumb:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I like the fact they sent me an email when they despatched them out of the warehouse and gave a tracking number as well so i knew exactly when the interlink man would be calling at my door, and he was bang on....Packaging was Excellent so i will definitely use SVP again no problem....:D :thumb:

Reaction score
crazylegs said:
I like the fact they sent me an email when they despatched them out of the warehouse and gave a tracking number as well so i knew exactly when the interlink man would be calling at my door, and he was bang on....Packaging was Excellent so i will definitely use SVP again no problem....:D :thumb:

I didn't check mine on the net but saw him out my window moving all the stuff round in his van as mine must have been near the bottom.
And yes they were well packaged as you said :D

Never used a dvd-r before though what's the difference between these and cdr's and dvd+r? As my current pc only does cdr and cdrws

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Carr said:
Never used a dvd-r before though what's the difference between these and cdr's and dvd+r? As my current pc only does cdr and cdrws

Burning DVD data disks just the same as using CD-R's.

As for the difference betweem dvd-r & dvd+r, that's quite a complex subject. Suffice to say most DVDRW's are multi-format now and all fairly modern stand alone DVD players will play both formats. As will any newish computer.

For older stand-alone DVD players, best stick with dvd-r.

Reaction score
for data I burn on whatever is cheapest, I mean anything, I have tons of cdrs that really could be moved over to DVD but then again, I am now using compact flash cards for serious backups. To burn movies though My system wants DVD+R, no RW's allowed for ripping DVD's.

Any Brand and any speed works, right now using COMP USA BRAND.... on my 13 of 50 and no duds yet.

.-=ManQ=-.

<a href="http://www.boltonpc.co.uk">BoltonPC</a> R
Reaction score
I know this post is getting on a bit but thought I'd just say that as far as my own choice is concerned, Datawrite Titanium still rocks !

What a performer considering its value media!

edit: Oops ! Forgot to add, I go through about 150 per month. :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:

Just to update, have burnt 5 data CD's and backed up two DVD movies, no probs.

So far, these Titanium disks are good :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
So far, these Titanium disks are good

Just to update I have burnt my 23'rd Titanium dvd-r from the 100 i ordered from svp and everyone has been faultless.....I love these Disks..:D

Reaction score
Just to update I think I made a cock up as I ordered a different laptop in the end but it doesn't do dvd-r's I don't think. Thought the laptop would've have though but it does say DVD-Dual support DVD+R Double layer/DVD+-RW(+ is on top of -)
SO looks like I'll have to use them on the home pc instead. :(

Ask a Question