FredBillie

<< From: (e-mail address removed)
Date: Sat, Oct 25, 2003 12:46 PM

I was in the market for a i950 once the price drops, but then the HP
7960 and Canon i960 came out. I am torn between which printer to get
as both have advantages and disadvantages. The HP has 8 inks and more
advanced convenience features and less tendency to clog due to the
print head being right in the cartridge. The Canon is a lot cheaper
and the color prints are rated better, the inks are cheaper.

Perhaps I am wrong in some assumptions?

I intend to just print color photos, 8 1/2 x 11 borderless and photos
from digital cameras, so can you advise? Or are there better printers?

Don >><BR><BR>
How about speed? I am not familiar with this model HP but most are slugs
compared to the speed of the Canon printers.

BF

If you print a lot of pictures the HP will probably cost more for ink. The
Canon has individual "Ink Tanks" that are very easy to refill and ink is
very cheap. Also, when you run out of one color you only replace that
color.You are definitely changing the print head with the HP though.
Refilling is hit and miss with the HP, if it is anything like refilling my
old HP 932C. I now have a Canon i950 and love it and by refilling, my ink
costs are a few pennies per print. I doubt one prints better color than the
other but the HP will do a better job on black and white. The Canon prints
very fast. I don't think I would use that as the only reason to buy Canon
though. I don't think you will be disappointed with either.

Aquaman

I now have a Canon i950 and love it and by refilling, my ink
costs are a few pennies per print.

......I've been stung before by ink dealers, would you reccomend your
ink dealer for your canon?