Which chips for 1440x900

arifi

Hello Everyone,

I recently bought a PC and an 19" AOC LCS monitor (1440x900), just to
be deeply disappointed to find out that the on-board VIA P4M890
chipset does not support this resolution :(

Now I am after a cheap VGA card (PCI-X), and the reasonable options
seem to be built around nVidia Geforce 7100GS or nVIDIA GeForce
6200LE. Does anyone have experience with these cards? Do they support
this particular resolution (they probably have a much higher max.
resolution - but do the drivers provide a 1440x900 mode ?)

Any other suggestions are also welcome.

Many thanks in advance,
-arifi

ConFUseD

"arifi" wrote in message...
Hello Everyone,

I recently bought a PC and an 19" AOC LCS monitor (1440x900), just to
be deeply disappointed to find out that the on-board VIA P4M890
chipset does not support this resolution :(

Check first result from google
http://www.google.hr/search?hl=hr&q=1440+x+900+resolution&meta
It is possible that in case u are using DVI converter Windows didnt saw your
monitor as Plug&Play so u should install latest drivers for same one.

Now I am after a cheap VGA card (PCI-X), and the reasonable options
seem to be built around nVidia Geforce 7100GS or nVIDIA GeForce
6200LE. Does anyone have experience with these cards? Do they support
this particular resolution (they probably have a much higher max.
resolution - but do the drivers provide a 1440x900 mode ?)

I would recommend atleast GeForce 7600 gs cause those u `ve mentioned are
waste of money comparing to your onboard graphic.

Hope it helped,cheers

arifi

"arifi" wrote in message...

Check first result from googlehttp://www.google.hr/search?hl=hr&q=1440+x+900+resolution&meta
It is possible that in case u are using DVI converter Windows didnt saw your
monitor as Plug&Play so u should install latest drivers for same one.

I would recommend atleast GeForce 7600 gs cause those u `ve mentioned are
waste of money comparing to your onboard graphic.

Hope it helped,cheers

Ah yes it helped very much. Many thanks.
Best,
-arifi

Mike Ruskai

Hello Everyone,

I recently bought a PC and an 19" AOC LCS monitor (1440x900), just to
be deeply disappointed to find out that the on-board VIA P4M890
chipset does not support this resolution :(

Now I am after a cheap VGA card (PCI-X), and the reasonable options

PCIe.

PCI-X is a 64-bit slot used on server boards. I don't think there are
any PCI-X graphics cards.
seem to be built around nVidia Geforce 7100GS or nVIDIA GeForce
6200LE. Does anyone have experience with these cards? Do they support
this particular resolution (they probably have a much higher max.
resolution - but do the drivers provide a 1440x900 mode ?)

Any other suggestions are also welcome.

Probably any current card base on an nVidia or ATI chip will support
that resolution.

Simon Berube

Did you buy the monitor from online? If you bought it local you may want to
consider returning it.