Where to dispose of old toner?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Has anyone seen a place to recycle old toner cartridges?

I've had to scrap my old laser printer, but the tip wouldn't take the toner cartridges. I've had a look and it looks like Samsung are one of the few printer companies that don't accept old toner for recycling. The toner recycling companies that I have found only want big batches, rather than a handful.

I know that supermarkets often have places for inkjet carts and batteries, but I've yet to see somewhere for toner carts. Is anyone aware of where I can dispose of them safely?

Reaction score
Here in the states, you can take them to Office Supply or Computer stores and they'll usually take them. Not sure what you have available to you there, though.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks alow, I've not actually checked somewhere equivalent over here as I've not seen it advertised. I'll see if Staples / PCW do it as that's probably the closest we've got to those stores.

Reaction score
Staples is actually the store I use here. They either have a bin for it, or one of the cashiers will take it.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Urmas - I had googled for about 20 mins to try and find something like that page you've provided. I ended up going round in circles getting to this page when I searched (which wasn't much help):

Your link was exactly what I'm after! :thumb: Thankyou!

nivrip and Taffycat, thanks for those links too. I've already tried some of the charity places, but they either want bulk cartridges or can't recycle this particular one. Charity would have been my preferred choice, but it seems none of them will take these - I guess as they'd make a loss on it.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Pah! Just pour the toner down the drain and bung the plastic in the bin :)

What's that? Water table? Stuff and nonsense :mad:

Next up: Flops' handy tips on how to dispose of used battery acid :)

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Viking Direct used to have a recyling thingy, not sure if they do anymore

Reaction score

I have used the Red Cross and they came to the house to pick up stuff I had for recycling.But my stuff was things like a monitor,tv,hi-fi unit ect so big stuff. I don`t suppose they`ll call round for toner carts`---though you never know.
historian

Ask a Question