Where to ask IE7 questions?

Mike B

I'm sorry this is OT, but I can't seem to find a NG for IE7?

I'd appreciate it if someone would point me to the right place, I've looked
all over and even went to the MS Communities site and still couldn't find it.

The question I have is about address bar autocomplete. I've used Firefox on
my old PC and in firefox, as I type a URL in the address bar, FF shows me a
list of matching sites.

I'm pretty sure IE did that too and I've looked all over Options, but can't
seem to find a way to turn this feature on. It does seem to sometimes fill in
the address bar, but not consistently.

I'm running Win XP Pro with SP3, IE 7.0.5730.11, my firewall and security
software is Windows Llive OneCare. The PC is an Intel Core 2 2.13 Ghz with
2Gb of memory.

Thanks for helping.

Mike B

I just found in an unrelated topic a post by PABear that pointed me to a
different ng. I'll be asking the question over there, so I apologize for this
mispost.

Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Mike said:
I'm sorry this is OT, but I can't seem to find a NG for IE7?

I'd appreciate it if someone would point me to the right place, I've
looked all over and even went to the MS Communities site and still
couldn't find it.

The question I have is about address bar autocomplete. I've used Firefox
on my old PC and in firefox, as I type a URL in the address bar, FF shows
me a list of matching sites.

I'm pretty sure IE did that too and I've looked all over Options, but
can't seem to find a way to turn this feature on. It does seem to
sometimes fill in the address bar, but not consistently.

I'm running Win XP Pro with SP3, IE 7.0.5730.11, my firewall and security
software is Windows Llive OneCare. The PC is an Intel Core 2 2.13 Ghz with
2Gb of memory.

Thanks for helping.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/4e72b6fb-b9ec-45f0-9263-bceb34f47e521033.mspx
"Fill in website forms and passwords automatically".

http://malektips.com/internet_explorer_7_0021.html
"Enable or Disable Website AutoComplete".

Newsgroup for IE7 (microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general).
- Via NNTP server (your newsreader):
- Via Web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

--