Where is the change text direction button in PowerPoint that chan.

I cannot find the change text direction button anywhere in PowerPoint to
change the direction to vertical. Where is this located?

Michael Koerner

It is done through page setup. you select either Portrait or Landscape.

Mix Portrait and Landscape slides in a presentation
http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00042.htm

--
<>Please post all follow-up questions/replies to the newsgroup<>
<><>Email unless specifically requested will not be opened<><>

"Text Direction- Vertical" <Text Direction- (e-mail address removed)>
wrote in message I cannot find the change text direction button anywhere in PowerPoint to
change the direction to vertical. Where is this located?

What version of PP are you using? If it's 2002 (XP), then there is a Change
Text Direction button available on the standard Formatting toolbar.

Amanda

Text Direction- Vertical said:
I cannot find the change text direction button anywhere in PowerPoint to
change the direction to vertical. Where is this located?

You need foreign language support activated in order for this command to be
available.

Otherwise, just hit Enter or Shift+Enter after each letter to force a line
break.

Steve Rindsberg

Text said:
I cannot find the change text direction button anywhere in PowerPoint to
change the direction to vertical. Where is this located?

If you want the whole layout to be vertical, what Michael said.

If you want vertical text on a normal horizontal layout, that option's only
enabled in the user interface if you have support for East Asian (ie, Chinese,
Japanese, Korean) installed.

You can run this to get around that limitation (you may run into other oddities
as a result, but rest assured, if you do, we'll refund double the money you
paid for this code):

Sub SneakyStuff()

With ActivePresentation
' you can substitute other layouts here
' retype the line of code and PPT will help you
Call .Slides.Add(ActivePresentation.Slides.Count + 1, _
ppLayoutVerticalText)
End With

End Sub