Where did I save it?

sf

How do I figure out where I saved a word doc? I found what I was
looking for, but how do I display the path so I can see where I put
it? TIA

Daddy

[In Windows:] Right-click on the file icon and select Properties.

Daddy

In future, please include your version of Word and your operating system
and version.

sf

How can I do that if I don't know where I put it? I found it in the
list of "recent" docs, but I can't display the path from there.

Win7, Word 2010

```````````````````````````````````````

[In Windows:] Right-click on the file icon and select Properties.

Daddy

In future, please include your version of Word and your operating system
and version.
How do I figure out where I saved a word doc? I found what I was
looking for, but how do I display the path so I can see where I put
it? TIA

sf

Never mind. I used the search function to locate the document and
opened Properties from there. Thanks.

``````````````````````````

How can I do that if I don't know where I put it? I found it in the
list of "recent" docs, but I can't display the path from there.

Win7, Word 2010

```````````````````````````````````````

[In Windows:] Right-click on the file icon and select Properties.

Daddy

In future, please include your version of Word and your operating system
and version.
How do I figure out where I saved a word doc? I found what I was
looking for, but how do I display the path so I can see where I put
it? TIA

Suzanne S. Barnhill

If you open it in Word, you can look at the properties there (the General
tab shows Location), or you could insert a FILENAME \p field temporarily.

In 2010, on the File tab (with the document open), click Open File Location
or right-click and choose Copy Path.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

sf said:
[...]

Thanks, I'll try that the next time I "lose" a document.

Daddy

sf said:
Thanks, I'll try that the next time I "lose" a document.

It's a good idea to designate a particular folder as your default
location for saving files. That way, you'll always know where your
documents are, unless you specify another location while saving.

Daddy

sf

It's a good idea to designate a particular folder as your default
location for saving files. That way, you'll always know where your
documents are, unless you specify another location while saving.

How do I change the default from what it is now?

Stefan Blom

Set the default location for documents created in Word by changing the
"Documents" path in the File Location dialog box (File tab | Options |
Advanced | File Locations).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"sf" wrote in message
It's a good idea to designate a particular folder as your default
location for saving files. That way, you'll always know where your
documents are, unless you specify another location while saving.

How do I change the default from what it is now?

sf

Set the default location for documents created in Word by changing the
"Documents" path in the File Location dialog box (File tab | Options |
Advanced | File Locations).

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! That was very helpful (and easy).

:)

Stefan Blom

I'm glad I could help!

--